Encasing old credit card in plastic before swiping helps reading

I have had the problem of my credit card not reading properly on wiping, often needing two three swipes. I am told that putting a clear cellotape on the magstrip or encasing the card in a plastic cover helps in a clean read.
Has this happened to any CEan?
#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Ehh!...rich people's problems. 😯

I think that's a good idea. They say it improves signal to noise ratio. Interesting!
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    .. may be need to try by putting a cellotape .
    I think I already know whose card I am going to experiment on.

may be its just that cellotape/plastic is non magnetic and wont affect the magnetic tape as such but rather helps the reader to read the magnetic tape easily
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Our body it self has a potential. This can alter the magnetic strip in the credit card in the long run. Which can be the reason for the usage of plastic insulators to prevent some minor glitches in the data read by the card reader

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

If you're one of those, who is just fooling around and looking for places to literally 'kill time', you've got to check this out. 'The Useless Web' is a carefully...
my name is chandramouli doing my b.tech degree in electronics and instrumentation at pondicheery engineering college
Hi guys, I have offer letters from 2 IT firms. One is Capgemini (as a Salesforce developer. 2.5 lacs PA may increase to 2.75. No contract) and the other is...
I want to develop a project, can someone here help me with it?
CEED, conducted by IIT Bombay is on 25th November. How many of CEans are going to appear for this exam? I would also like to know from them how have...