Employee Motivation

An interesting study by MIT reveals very interesting facts. Look at our latest post on VoiCE: #-Link-Snipped-#

Note: Must watch for everyone!

Replies

• tashirosgt
    tashirosgt
    That's an interesting presentation, but I don't understand the claims of the studies. He says 1) People were rewarded with higher pay according to levels of performance. 2) On cognitive tasks the people at highest level did poorly. Isn't that a contradiction? I don't mean a contradiction in what we expect. I mean that if better performance is rewarded with higher pay, how did the "level 3" people end up performing poorly? Aren't they the best performers by definition of the pay system?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Hmm... as I understand it, when people were told that they'll earn higher rewards for the cognitive tasks; their focus shifted from 'performance' to 'rewards' - which resulted into poor performance. But for physical tasks, it worked great; the way we expect. I think I've experienced that too. When I was working on CE (which at that time was simply taking out money from my pockets) sense of fulfillment was much greater. I'd work harder just to make the things work.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Via Skype Press: Skype Appoints Neal Goldman as Chief Legal and Regulatory Officer and Doug Bewsher as Chief Marketing Officer - About Skype LUXEMBOURG, 17 May 2010 — Skype today...
All WP fans out there, RC1 of the most awaited WordPress 3 is out and you can grab it here: Key updates in this release are - Custom menus are...
HAI GUYS...... do any of u know anything about memoristor
hi genius engineers, As we know that as we go at microscopic level,we have observe different properties in the material.but still we all are still on the platform of nanotechnology.why...
hey guys , i m a 2nd year student of nit b , india from civil trade ,, i want to do my civil minor training ,,, so plzz help...