Emotions+icon

😀 :-(
Hello Guys ..the above smily that you can see..have you ever thought how these smilies are formed?
Today the thought arises in my mind...so just search on it..and now i can create my own smily
let us start to understand how these are formed?
In Technical language these are known as emotican...

An emoticon is a textual expression representing the face of a writer's mood or facial expression.

As the name indicates it is comprised of two words .emotion+icon that means to show our emotions with help of icons.

say If I wish to indicate that a particular sentence is meant with tongue-in-cheek, I would write it so:

"Of course you know I agree with all the current
administration's policies -)."

The "-)" indicates tongue-in-cheek.

but today with most of the online messengers,web forums these are replaced with graphic pattern

Most commonly, emoticons have the eyes on the left, followed by the nose and mouth.
for eg in order to show smile you will use : it indicates eyes and - it indicates nose and ) and ( showing lips indicating
happiness and sadness respectively.....I hope you have now a brief idea of what actually these smilies are?

I will try to create more and more smilies and will show you in this thread

Replies

• gohm
    gohm
    Thanks, I would not have know the text "-)" means tongue in cheek or teasing if I saw it. I would have guessed some type of cyclops, laugh!
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    Thanks for your information goyal. 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi, i`m ravi teja(can call me teja) i have 2 things to ask.. 1. i`m really interested in web development, no technology(asp.net or php...) preference in particular, but...not able to...
hey, i`m teja and now i`m in my final year 2nd semster of Btech and i gotta do a project work within a period of 3months from now. frankly speaking...
What is record and Play back in QTP? Record and Playback is the very basic functionality of QTP. Functional tools like QTP/Selenium have ability to record and playback the user...
Can anybody tell me which OS is used in Spice, Max, Airfone, Karbonn & other low cost mobiles. ? Is it possible to upgrade this OS or no ? Many...
hey i'm a 2nd year mechanical student..but want to do a smester project in electronics...can anyone suggest!!!