EMC Acquires Isilon For $2.25 billion

The enterprise software maker EMC has shelled out $2.25 billion to acquire the data storage company Isilon ( #-Link-Snipped-# ). That is $33.83 per share. Isilon is know for its “Scale-out NAS” storage systems, which offer customers a highly scalable, low-cost storage infrastructure for managing “Big Data.” Clients who need Isilon’s data storage capabilities include those in life sciences (e.g. gene sequencing), media and entertainment (e.g. online streaming), and oil and gas (e.g. seismic interpretation).

Isilon’s systems can scale to 10 petabytes in size. EMC says its own storage product Atmos will be complimentary to Isilon’s offerings. Currently, EMC has a 20 percent market share in the storage space, so this should only help boost that position. EMC expects the combined revenue of the two storage offerings to reach a $1 billion run-rate during the second half of 2012. That’s big money for EMC.

Sourece: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

China is surely giving USA sleepless nights. If not, it will from now. China has stolen the crown for the fastest computer in the world from USA. Tianhe-1 (meaning the...
Hot and Cold working Processes: The metal working processes are derived into hot working and cold working processes. The division is on the basis of the amount of heating applied...
I am a student. I am working in my project(web browser).I am trying to know about the process of the html parsing and how to handle javascript content in java.Can...
We know that a resistor can be considered as a load. Now the question is, if we increase the resistance according to ohm's law V = IR, the current must...
Hello, I am new to simulink and Matlab. I am trying to simulate the Mackey-Glass equation with Simulink. The equation is : dx(t)/dt = 0.2 (x(t-tau)/1 + x^10(t-tau)) -0.1x(t) where:...