Elementary Sanitary Engineering

Found this video on elementary sanitary engineering. I'd be interested in knowing your views about this video. This film has been shortlisted for the Golden Poo Awards short film competition. As a part of the Global Handwashing Day and World Toilet Day campaigns.

Diarrheal and respiratory infections kill over 3.5 million children under the age of five every year. Hand washing with soap is the most effective and an inexpensive way to prevent these deaths. It can save the lives of 1.2 million children every year.

The tippy tap is a low cost, low tech, low water, hands-free device to promote hand washing with soap.
Check out -

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    The description goes like this:
    Diarrheal and respiratory infections kill over 3.5 million children under the age of five every year. Hand washing with soap is the most effective and an inexpensive way to prevent these deaths. It can save the lives of 1.2 million children every year.The tippy tap is a low cost, low tech, low water, hands-free device to promote hand washing with soap.
    When I watched the video I thought why did they build this? Because people in villages don't have sinks?
    Then I realized that it makes it easier for a person to use it by themselves.
    If you just had the soap and water, you'd either have to have someone with you to pour the water over your hands, or you'd have to have the water in dish or something to dip your hands in, but that's not very sanitary since you'd be dipping your dirty hands in it.

Bravo! ๐Ÿ‘

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Dear CE Members ! I am new to CE forum....I found this very interesting .....this provides a platform for crazy Engineers to share their ideas and thoughts among the world....really...
India also figures prominently in this National Geographic video on human bondage. Child labour is rampant even in cities like Bangalore. I see it all round. We have to hang...
hi all A solar panel is required to charge a battery . the voltage, current and the capacity of the battery in Ah are known. now how do we proceed...
hi all A solar panel is required to charge a battery . the voltage, current and the capacity of the battery in Ah are known. now how do we proceed...
in a differential, the pinion gear is rather smaller than the crown gear. so does torque step-up take place when power is transfered from the pinion to the crown gear...