Electronics assembly discussion

A majority of the defects circuit-board assembly are caused due to issues in solder-paste printing process or due to defects in the solder paste. There are many different types of defects—too much solder, and the solder melts and connects to many wires (bridging), resulting in a short circuit. Insufficient amounts of paste result in incomplete circuits. Head-in-pillow defects, or incomplete coalescence of Ball grid array (BGA) sphere and solder paste deposit, is a failure mode that has seen increased frequency since the transition to lead-free soldering. Often missed during inspection, a head-in-pillow (HIP) defect appears like a small head resting on a pillow with a visible separation in the solder joint at the interface of the BGA sphere and paste deposit.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Above paragraph is taken from Wikipedia: Solder Paste . What's the purpose of copying text from Wikipedia as your own? 😨

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Ever wondered which company on the planet has the crown for filing the most number of patents in the US every year? Well, it's your old International Business Machines aka...
Hi Everyone , My question : Leave job for CAT Study OR Study with job. ????? I am aiming for CAT 2013 , Currently I am working with IBM since...
A crazy chemical Engineer who wants to make a difference
plz help urgently to print patern 1 01 101 0101 by using for loops in C .... .......................
I've been experimenting with the number of posts CEans would like to have on the site - 10 or 20? You decide. Currently we have 10 posts per page, so...