Electronic steering , Electronic differential and Traction control of an Electric car

Project Abstract / Summary : While performing hard steers at low speed, if the both wheels steer at same angle, then there arises a problem of stress and strain on the axle of car which may slowly damage the joints at long run.. These can be only refined by observing the actual wheel path followed while attempting a steer by means of help of trigonometric triangles and calculations.

Same is with the power distribution while attempting the steer. It is obvious that at each considerable steer, the each wheel of car tend to rotate at different speeds. This correct distribution of power at each wheel may really enhance the stability of car wheel high performing high speed steers.

Traction control of car is the most needed feature while travelling off road paths and also mostly during rains. A sudden push of the throttle in the car may result in a bursting release of power packet from engine and wheels may start sleeping due to less coefficient of friction between road and tires. In order to regain the friction the wheel needs to be slowed down to a needed speed so that it can catch the road grip.

Therefore an attempt to cure all the above shown problems is made.

Our project is combination of three important features of any electric car:-

1) Electronic Steering.

2) Electronic Differential

3) Traction control

All the above three features plays vital role for stability, performance and safety of any automobile.

The electronic features of our project are quite fast and much more advance compared to present mechanical technology.

These features provides the best possible manouverability to an any automobile.

Traction feature add ups to minimize the loss of power in motor on any terrain.

Problem summary

During steering a usual car, the improper angular displaced wheels may produce a strong stress and strain on vehicle axle and further on chassis of the car..

Also while steering each wheel spins at distinct speed and hence proportionate power should be transferred.

Traction control help to transmit limited power to wheels on slippy surfaces in order to keep the car in control of driver.

Expected outcome

Better Stability, performance and safety of car along with a better efficiency of electric car..

Why did you choose to work on this project topic : Firstly and strongest reason was that i loved high performance cars. So i wanted to work on something related to cars, specifically enhancing their performance even further in electrical category of cars.

The main importance of my project is that it will not only enhance the performance of the car instead it will also provide better safety to individual cars..

Project Category : Electrical / Electronics / Communication
------------------------------------------------------
Institute/College Name: Parul Institute of Technology
City: vadodara
State: Gujarat
Participating Team From: Final Year

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Round II Project Entry:

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

In a switch construct ,why does the compiler doesn't show any error and skips the statements written within the cases like for example I write printf("hello"); in between case 1...
If you thought that Microsoft’s next aim is only marketing Windows 10 and build apps for it, then they just proved you wrong. Microsoft has been working on and have...
Not all may be applicable to all locations. One can always come up with one's own ideas. https://www.instructables.com/id/My-Money-Saving-Habits/?ALLSTEPS
Open to Indians also. https://www.instructables.com/contest/exploresciencecontest/
Project Abstract / Summary : Google has developed a wearable computer with an optical head-mounted display (OHMD), the research and development project. Project Glass with the intension of producing a...