Electromagnetics : Purpose Of Using Spherical Co-ordinate System.

In first and foremost unit of Electromagnetics Engineering, I read about different co-ordinate systems :
- Cartesian (Rectangular)
- Cylindrical
- Spherical

I know the advantage of Cylindrical co-ordinate system over Cartesian system in EM, but couldn't understand advantage of Spherical co-ordinate system over Cylindrical system.
Why Sperical co-ordinate system is preferred for EM analysis. What's the basic reason behind that ?

Sorry, If I sound dumb, but I am not very good in mathematics, so please explain me with bit detail 'cause it's gonna take sometime to understand fully.

Replies

• arunchary
    arunchary
    As i know that an electromagnetic waves which are generated in the form of spherical are study in maximum cases .so that because am thinking and also because our earth magnetic field analysis be driven in spherical coordinates for proper understanding.as we did an experiment on spherical water drop concept to understand the density of electron in a field.am also need some clarification, though we know the applications.
  • arunchary
    arunchary
    hi abhishek, some information in following pdf

#-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The general category seats in IITs are vacant as the wannabe engineers are refusing to join the IITs - the premium engineering colleges in India. TOI reports that as many...
What is meant by architectural neutral?
Hi, check out Engineering Calculator for iPhone. Really helpful for everyday work. https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/engineering-calculator/id569968171?ls=1&mt=8
IIT-JEE, arguably is the toughest engineering entrance exam in the world. Hundreds of thousands of candidates, each one equipped with 2-3 years of intense preparation fighting for a few seats...
Wishing my fellow CEans a blessed Ramadan! 😀 May there be peace, love & happiness insyallah.