Electromagnet to hold material in a tube

All,

I'm looking to purchase a small electromagnet (no longer than 1 foot) that would go around a ~0.375" tube and hold ferrous balls in the tube in addition about ~15 vertical feet of additional balls above the emagnet. The total weight would only be about 4 lbs. Anyone know where I could purchase somehing like this? I could also make it out of the actual tube but was looking for a quick turnaround. Thanks!

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    JBerg
    I'm looking to purchase a small electromagnet (no longer than 1 foot) that would go around a ~0.375" tube and hold ferrous balls in the tube in addition about ~15 vertical feet of additional balls above the emagnet. The total weight would only be about 4 lbs.
    Difficult to suggest without knowing your location. If in India there are a large number of solenoid coil manufacturers who can give you one. You can wind a coil yourself. Probably 500 gms of enamelled Copper wire 0.5 or 0.6 mm dia wound over a 30 cm mandrel would do the job. You have to work out the voltage needed from available tables.

Bioramani

Bioramani

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

HI guys, I'm up on a project to build a custom bike, I need a bit of assistance in this case. Any professional guys in here who could lend a...
I am very interested in a career in Electrical Engineering. The problem is funds are tight and I would like to avoid student loans as much as possible. I have...

3dB

can anyone tell as to why the bandwidth is always calculated as 3dB bandwidth(half power) and not any other number.?
Most of the news sites offer only a headline and a short excerpt in their RSS feeds. Therefore, you therefore have to leave your Google Reader to read the full...
Now search engines, Google and Bing will help you find wi fi hotspots wherever you go. Just type the name of your city. For eg: Wireless Hotspots in Mumbai Wireless...