Electrical Machines Book

I am confused please guide me for Electrical Machines's book , i am in 2nd year engineering student .

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    It's not clear from your post what help you want regarding Electrical Machines Book. Could you please ask specific questions?
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Avishkar Gote
    I am confused please guide me for Electrical Machines's book , i am in 2nd year engineering student .
    Are you talking about the Author for that book then i used to prefer Electrical Machines by B.L.Theraja
  • shubhankar
    shubhankar
    the books i personally used are
    Nagrath& DP kothari, ashfaq hussain, BL theraja, mukharjee chakroborty.
    but i would not suggest BL Theraja if you are an electrical engineering students as the concepts in Theraja are superficial.they lack the depth. i woul suggest you to go for ashfaq and DP kothari but make sure you do not end up messing up with the conventions. they are a bit different in the 2 books..check out which one suits you.
  • shubhankar
    shubhankar
    sorry my mistake. i forgot to read that your are a communication engineer. then go for BL Theraja. solved numericals are good and they do appear in the papers. generally this does not hold good for the electrical people.that is why i suggested the former one.
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    hmmmm bimra is also good as i know
    for a easy understanding use any local authors
    for me i use book called Bakshi
  • maraitamilan
    maraitamilan
    For machines the standard authors are bl theraja and bimra these for about machines,for design of electrical machines ak sawhney will be nice to refer if you want any specific topic mention it 😀
  • maya chinni
    maya chinni
    'i`m an ece 2nd year student can u please tell me which author will be best for me
  • Mr.Don
    Mr.Don
    I have studied machines in J.B. Gupta and its a nice book. It helped me for 3 semisters for EM-1 ,EM-2. EM -3 and for other subjects as well.
  • praba230890
    praba230890
    I too found J.B.Gupta more comfortable to study machines. If you have Gupta book then you don't need any other reference books or something like that. If you are not ready to learn the machines concept thoroughly and just need to clear your machines paper then go for technical publications books(sorry for recommending this), as they are university syllabus specific.
  • lalit.joshi
    lalit.joshi
    Avishkar Gote
    well, ashfaq husain, p.s. bhimbra, bakshi will surely help ew to strengthen ur concepts.😀
  • ANSAM WISEJITH
    ANSAM WISEJITH
    i think theraja will be nice in lucid precentation
  • aarthivg
    aarthivg
    I like to suggest you books of Nagrath & DP kothari.

All the best.
  • Ayush_pse
    Ayush_pse
    Avishkar Gote
    go for Electrical machines by Ashfaq Hussain.. its the best and followed widely..
  • lokesh258
    lokesh258
    i think "principles of electrical machines by v.k.mehta & rohit mehta" is a good book.... you can easily under stand... it is the basic book for the machines
  • khyzer shamsi
    khyzer shamsi
    ashfaq hussain will be good fr ece

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Wishing you many many Happy Returns of the Day Surya. :myparty: Surya 🎉 Have a great day. 😁
Quote: Software developed by Flinders University’s Dr Paul Gardner-Stephen that enables mobile phones to communicate during a disaster will be freely available to the public by the end of the...
Alberta University-led researchers have confirmed that a relatively harmless inorganic form of mercury found worldwide in ocean water is transformed into a potent neurotoxin in the seawater itself. Read more:...
Is there any BB Code is available to make a Table in our post? i found this type of BB code is available on some forums. Like if i want...
Hello Ceans, Here i want to share one small project that i have made for RF communication. I am going to show off the Some Pics i have taken for...