shivam212
shivam212
Branch Unspecified
05 Nov 2015

Electrical engineer in need of career guidance

Hello sir, i just read one of your responses to some CEian's querry, and i liked it so much i couldn't wait to ask one myself, hope you will respond.
I am a 4th yr electrical engg student, pursuing it from Pune University. Most of the engineers from my univ keep complaining abt its toughness(in terms of generosity towards giving good marks) and I happen to be one of them. My question is that 1) do i have good job opportunities in electrical/IT industries with my percentage being 55% at this moment(I hope it gets to first class in the end but i don't think the univ will let that happen) ? Consider this- I am good at C++,C,Java programming, I love Matlab, 8085 microP and PIC18F458 holds my deep interests. I am good at english but will get excellent in it soon. See its a lot of me to ask but just please also tell me that, 2) Is a mere percentage or criteria going to ruin my career even if i am good at every aspect of my course ?
shivam212

shivam212

Branch Unspecified
3 years ago
shivam212
Hello sir, i just read one of your responses to some CEian's querry, and i liked it so much i couldn't wait to ask one myself, hope you will respond.
I am a 4th yr electrical engg student, pursuing it from Pune University. Most of the engineers from my univ keep complaining abt its toughness(in terms of generosity towards giving good marks) and I happen to be one of them. My question is that 1) do i have good job opportunities in electrical/IT industries with my percentage being 55% at this moment(I hope it gets to first class in the end but i don't think the univ will let that happen) ? Consider this- I am good at C++,C,Java programming, I love Matlab, 8085 microP and PIC18F458 holds my deep interests. I am good at english but will get excellent in it soon. See its a lot of me to ask but just please also tell me that, 2) Is a mere percentage or criteria going to ruin my career even if i am good at every aspect of my course ?
PS- to @Kaustubh Katdare
Harshad Italiya

Harshad Italiya

Electronics and Communication
3 years ago
First of welcome to CE, Shivam.
Yes % do have effect if you are looking for some company which always have minimum % thru out academic years.
But that doesn't mean it stops your career.
Experience and knowledge is there to override % for sure.

As you said you have interest in some field try to be pro in that and choose small company which is not demanding % but only knowledge.

After this you will have enough experience to go forward.

Share this content on your social channels -

Only logged in users can reply.