Electrical engineer in need of career guidance

Hello sir, i just read one of your responses to some CEian's querry, and i liked it so much i couldn't wait to ask one myself, hope you will respond.
I am a 4th yr electrical engg student, pursuing it from Pune University. Most of the engineers from my univ keep complaining abt its toughness(in terms of generosity towards giving good marks) and I happen to be one of them. My question is that 1) do i have good job opportunities in electrical/IT industries with my percentage being 55% at this moment(I hope it gets to first class in the end but i don't think the univ will let that happen) ? Consider this- I am good at C++,C,Java programming, I love Matlab, 8085 microP and PIC18F458 holds my deep interests. I am good at english but will get excellent in it soon. See its a lot of me to ask but just please also tell me that, 2) Is a mere percentage or criteria going to ruin my career even if i am good at every aspect of my course ?

Replies

• shivam212
    shivam212
    shivam212
    Hello sir, i just read one of your responses to some CEian's querry, and i liked it so much i couldn't wait to ask one myself, hope you will respond.
    I am a 4th yr electrical engg student, pursuing it from Pune University. Most of the engineers from my univ keep complaining abt its toughness(in terms of generosity towards giving good marks) and I happen to be one of them. My question is that 1) do i have good job opportunities in electrical/IT industries with my percentage being 55% at this moment(I hope it gets to first class in the end but i don't think the univ will let that happen) ? Consider this- I am good at C++,C,Java programming, I love Matlab, 8085 microP and PIC18F458 holds my deep interests. I am good at english but will get excellent in it soon. See its a lot of me to ask but just please also tell me that, 2) Is a mere percentage or criteria going to ruin my career even if i am good at every aspect of my course ?
    PS- to #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    First of welcome to CE, Shivam.
    Yes % do have effect if you are looking for some company which always have minimum % thru out academic years.
    But that doesn't mean it stops your career.
    Experience and knowledge is there to override % for sure.

As you said you have interest in some field try to be pro in that and choose small company which is not demanding % but only knowledge.

After this you will have enough experience to go forward.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

after b.tech its very difficult to decide whether to opt for private or government sector?? In both sides you have to struggle a lot...
ISRO has released a free eBook about India's Space Journey, titled 'From Fishing Hamlet To Red Planet', edited by P.V. Manoranjan Rao along with associate editors B.N. Suresh and V.P....
Acer Liquid series of smartphones in India has just got two new entrants with Acer Liquid Z530 and Liquid Z630s launching amidst the festive season. Falling in two different budget...
TinyOwl is currently in the news for all the wrong reasons. It's laying off employees and the fired employees held the founders as hostages for several hours. Reason: the fired...
LinkedIn Placements is a new initiative by the professional network to provide a platform to help fresh graduates connect with their first employers. It turns out that the folks over...