Elan 2013 at IIT Hyderabad on Jan 18-20, 2013

ELAN 2013 is the technical and cultural fest of IIT Hyderabad. Organized and celebrated every year with growing enthusiasm, this is one event that IITians from Hyderabad are surely looking forward to. The co-ordinators have put up a great introduction on their website -

"Elan like its meaning "undying enthusiasm", is an abbreviation to Energize, Lavish, Amplify and Nurture the free-lance spirits of the students of IIT Hyderabad. It is a fete with a promise; a promise to render a plethora of opportunities without compromising on the merry-making that comes along with it. In a world of unimaginable diversity, it stands out like a Mosaic at an exhibition. As promised in 2012, come 2013, it will be back! The difference being, last time, you were electrified...this time you'll be meshed in its aura and like it or not, it'll get you! So gear up and patronize yourselves, because you are bound to be awestruck!"

You can also see a flashback of the events happened at Elan in the past in the following video -

Though the event list is not declared yet, a workshop on the topic of game development has been announced.
The workshop shall be conducted by Bhramm Technology, a Kanpur based firm run by the alumni of IIT Kanpur, which has garnered a rave reputation for itself in a short span of its existence. The workshop shall consist of the following topics:
  • Basics of Animations
  • Basics of Game Development
  • types of Game Development (3D, 2D)
  • Detailed analysis and dissection of a 3D Game and process of Development
  • Multiplatform Game Development (IPhone, Android, PS3, Xbox and PC)
  • Emerging platform of development (HTML5, Flex)
  • Process of HTML 5 Game Development
  • Development of a complete HTML 5 Game
Workshop Duration:

The workshop shall be spanned over two days, of which the first day shall consist of 6 hours of topic discussion and theoretical expertise, and the second day shall consist of 10 hours of coding and game building exercises. Unconditional guidance is assured to each and every participant by the workshop conducting personnel.
Certificates and prizes will be awarded after the (successful) completion of the workshop, under the attestation of Bhramm Technologies and IIT Hyderabad.

We will keep you updated as and when we get to know more details about this event.
If any of you have participated or visited in Elan at IIT Hyderabad, do share your experience in replies below.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Are there any jobs with start up for my experience. i have 6 years of experience in ERP domain. I am learning Pythong language. I know Java also along with...
Myself Abdul Rahumaan from Chennai, presently I am working as a mechanical engineer in Tebodin Consulting and Engineering company in Chennai itself, I looking after all the fire protection system...
can any one tell me about any online site where i can give free online test for my preperation of gate and other psu exam i have search for many...
Name: Deepak Choudhary Engineering Trade: Industrial & Production Engg. Final Year Student Location: Dehradun Occupation: Student Work Experience: I have worked with Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. almost one Year in...
Is it good to follow m.tech by qualifying GATE or it is just a time waste and we should go for job after engineering.........?