Einstein’s Strange And Spooky Theory May Bring Ultra-Secure Future Internet

While the world is struggling to make Internet more secure and maintain privacy of users, a theory given by Einstein may prove useful, as per a latest research paper. In a recently published paper, professors from Swinburne University of Technology and Peking University, have given a theoretical proof based on Einstein’s spooky theory which may give an ultra-secure internet in future.

einstein

In 1935, Einstein and fellow researchers came up with a theory in quantum mechanics, showing how two entangled particles stay connected irrespective of their physical distance. However the real application of this theory is "sending messages" a technology that came into existence much later in 1990. A message can be sent by encrypting and using a shared key given by Einstein’s strange entanglement to decode message from sender and receiver. Using this technique, messages can be sent without any interception in transmission.

The recent paper gives the proof that such messages can be shared between more than two people and would also provide unprecedented security for future quantum internet. Just as the way described above, sending entanglement to large number of people indicates that the key can be shared to all recipients. According to Associate Professor Margaret Reid, the recipients could then decipher the message, making it more secure. The message can be sent by up to three to four people - opening doors for transfer from many to many. Einstein’s spooky theory also enables the message to remain safe even if the device receiving it is tampered with.

What are your thoughts on this? Share with us in comments below.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-# | #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Just visited the University website to find the paper. Those interested can check it here:
    403 Forbidden
    Thanks for the share.
  • Dhananjay Harkare
    Dhananjay Harkare
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    If implementation worked correctly, wouldn't it be amazing to see how Einstein's theory shows way to solve modern world's major problems.
  • feltra
    feltra
    Ankita Katdare
    Just visited the University website to find the paper. Those interested can check it here:
    403 Forbidden
    Thanks for the share.
    Thanks, Ankita.. That was way above my head! So, for lesser mortals like myself, here's an article that describes this entanglement: #-Link-Snipped-#

I wonder why people are talking about this only for computers. Don't know if I am on the right dream-track here, but I can see device control being as simple as tweaking a device nearby us - and planets away a similar device behaving in the exact same manner... Maybe we are all being tweaked every day by some other earth-Godly-beings? 😀
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# The folks over at PopSci are really great at explaining stuff in a simple format. It was strange to note that the article was from 2009. Thanks for the share!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hey fellow crazy engineering members, I am doing a systems design and engineering course at university at the moment and we are asked to reverse engineer an electronic circuit. The...
hello crazyengineers, I am a new member I just joined today. really excited about the forums. I have so many questions to ask and I think is a platform where...
OndaTechnology submitted a new project: Pitbull Wallet - Physical credit-card sized device for storing passwords and digital currency Think of it as keychain. But digital. And instead of being used...
The Chinese mobile manufacturer – ZTE has officially announced its much talked about flagship phablet at an event in Beijing. The device is truly a flagship grade with amazing specifications....
Nuclear energy is not just looked at as a future energy resource but it is also considered as the source of a problem that results from inefficient radioactive waste management....