egulation Of Dc Source With An Autotransformer, How far can I get this Autotransforme

Hello everyone,

I have the intention of using a Autotransformer which datasheet says this:

Pri: 230V;5,7A; 50...60 Hz
Sec:<1...230/260V;5.0A

Its made by block, model ESS305

I plan to use it to power a circuit that should provide me a DC 1.7 kV Power Source.

It will be placed on this circuit:

#-Link-Snipped-#

The BAT is a 30 kV DC Power Supply from Hipotronics

Then my questions are:

1. Can this Autotransformer handle those 30 kV input? In fact I doubt it, but maybe it does...

2. Do Autotransformers work on DC? I read somewhere that normally not, but don't know the reason why

Probably both questions are quite dumb, and means that none of them will do, but wanted to be sure and got some experts opinion about it

Thanks for reading and/or answering

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi everyone, I'm using Capacitors working in serie to handle High Voltage, and I'm afraid they might burn down o the first use for unequal voltage between different capacitors The...
my gate score is 300, which collges can i apply.
hi to all i hope you will be good can you please help me to solve these programs and convert them to c programs 1- find the roots of the...
Fellas, I stumbled upon webarchive page and got nostalgic. So those who are curious to know how CE looked in past head over to following links: 1. In Feb 2006...
The California Israel Chamber of Commerce is hosting 10 Israeli start-ups in Silicon Valley for its annual Israel Web Tour from April 20-23, 2009. We have been debating whether Israel...