Effect of surface hardness in tensile testing

Hello CEans,

Is it possible to account the surface hardness effect in the tensile testing specimen? If possible, how could it be accomplished?
For instance, I would like to establish the stress strain curve for the material that used on surface hardened component. Will there be a big change if the surface hardness effect is considered on the tensile specimen?

Sharing the subject info would be helpful to me.

Thanks
M Gopalakrishnan

Replies

• juma1987
    juma1987
    The problem is that in tensile testing you use a probe, u can actually study the influence of hardened surface in the probe, BUT the difficul part is to link theese results with the real specimen, but it would be a nice and interesting research 😉
  • Krishnan_che
    Krishnan_che
    juma1987
    The problem is that in tensile testing you use a probe, u can actually study the influence of hardened surface in the probe, BUT the difficul part is to link theese results with the real specimen, but it would be a nice and interesting research 😉[/Effect of surface hardness in tensile testing]

Thank you very much juma. Let me check out other resources to get the answer

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello CEans, I think, the energy wasted as vibration, when a vehicle moves, can be converted to voltage using vibration sensors and can be used for charging mobile phones etc....
I've come across lot of very cool final year projects which could be very effective business ideas. Has anyone here thought of turning your final year project into a business...
HI CEans, I am Manoj kumar Doing B.Tech(final year) in Electronics and communication Now I feel😁 I joined CE because I think CE can do much more than my engg....
ZoneAlarm File Size: 32.38M License: Non-Commercial Freeware OS Support:Windows 2000/XP/2003 ZoneAlarm is an easy-to-use firewall that blocks hackers and other unknown threats. Intrusion Blocking systematically identifies hackers and blocks access...
A friend of mine sent me an article which I liked. I am reproducing the same for the benefit of others. Have you been to the bank? Imagine there is...