Effect of change in capacitance value.

hi,
could anybody help me out with this problem?๐Ÿ˜”
what happens when the value of bypass capacitance and coupling capacitance in an amplifier changes?What is its effect on reducing the voltage drop across the emitter resistance(bypass capacitor) and effect on blocking the dc signals(coupling capaictor)?

Replies

• reachrkata
    reachrkata
    1) By pass capacitors are used to prevent any voltage spikes that could falsely turn on the transistor. Effect of capacitance value is that of a low pass filter - higher the capacitance, lower is the frequency of spike which the cap can bypass. Eg- if a 1uF cap by passes all frequencies greater than 1khz, a 10uF cap would pass all frequencies greater than 100hz also.

2) Effect of coupling capacitance value is that of a high pass filter - higher the capacitance, more are the low frequency signals which the capacitor will prevent. Eg- if a 1uF cap passes all frequencies greater than 1khz, a 10uF cap would pass all frequencies greater than 10khz only.

Karthik
  • Gjnitp
    Gjnitp
    thankyou karthik for the reply....
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    Hi freinds,karthik has given a nice reply,let make it more simple,also decide by-pass capacitors the gain of the amplifier,and coupling capacitor decide the frequency range of the amplifier.
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    Well i have gone through your post,you can get projects on micrcontrollers anywere,I have some ideas which have never been implemented.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

CEans, Spam is a universal problem. There have been lot of discussions & techniques around to fight the spam. Its easy to control the computer bots that spam, but what...
hi friends:smile:, what are all the top universities in Singapore,US and UK offering MS in electrical stream:?::?::?: What and where are the best centres in chennai offering classes for GRE,TOFEL...
hello people....can u please help me out with my mini project.....kindly give me some ideas about the mini projects in mechanical field......let it be on any aspect or any topic...
Hi friends,๐Ÿ˜€ I'm Mechatronics Engineering undergraduate. I'm very happy to join with you and like to share my ideas and knowledge with u๐Ÿ˜€ Gd luck everybody.