Educational Linux Distro : Ubermix For Kids/Educators.

Jim Klein,Founder fo Ubermix designed the Linux based distro keeping Kids & Educators in mind.This is some kinda small awareness which is going to change the conception of Opensource & even the way of learning for upcoming kids.

logo-small

Ubermix is Ubuntu-based Linux distro which includes 60 free applications, Pre-installed.One great feature of Ubermix is that it can turn any hardware you own into learning machine,as it is easy & reliable in using without sacrificing any features in your mobile device.

Some Pre-installed Applications are :
  • Celestia,
  • GeoGebra,
  • iGNUit,
  • Scratch Visual Programming,
  • Stellarium,
  • Virtual Microscope,
  • VUE Visual Understanding Environment,
  • Virtual Microscope,
  • Tuxpaint,
  • TuxMath & Plenty more.

Download Link : ubermix Download & Install

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

As we had promised, here's delivering to you the latest update straight from the Department of Space; the first Satellite of Indian Regional Navigation Satellite System (IRNSS) constellation is set...
Hey I was working this in my mind and found this question unanswered after a long time Can you guys tell can a device which is working in AC mains...
So, my GFX card is fried (Kids! too much OC'ing is baaad) & thus I am back to Intel inbuilt chipset (FML!) As usual,I can't suppress the urge of gaming...
Nokia's going bullish on the Lumia brand in the Indian markets and the latest Lumia 520 is expected to launch in India in the next few days. The phone was...
i have one new HC SR04, i have few serious doubts about it... 1. how can i test it. 2. i tried watcing its echo on DSO but it was...