Economic Times: The Power of Ideas [India Only]

CEans,

Those of you who have always had that kick-butt idea in your mind but did not know where to present it; here's your golden opportunity -

Visit: #-Link-Snipped-#

Here's an overview of the contest -

The Power of Ideas is an initiative by The Economic Times to encourage anyone and everyone with an idea to realize his entrepreneurial dream. Ideas will be polished and nurtured with personalized guidance from senior mentors before being submitted to the largest group of investors for funding.

Q1. Who can participate?

Indian citizens aged 18 years or more as of Feb 20, 2009. You may have just an idea, or a ready business plan, or even a functioning start-up. But if you are stuck for direction and funds, The Power of Ideas will help.

Q2. What about the confidentiality of my Business Idea?

The Power of Ideas does not ask for your Business Idea. In the initial stage, participants are required to provide information in a Business Summary format only to help the jury filter genuine interest. All information shared through this programme will remain the Intellectual Property of the participant. The detailed terms and conditions on confidentiality and intellectual property are available on #-Link-Snipped-#

Flow of The Power of Ideas

Phase 1:

Call for Ideas: Jan 21 – Feb 20, 2009

Anyone and everyone with an idea is encouraged to submit information in the appropriate Business Summary format. This can be submitted online at #-Link-Snipped-#, or emailed to #-Link-Snipped-# or posted to “ET The Power of Ideas”, C/o The Editor, The Economic Times in your city (the list of offices is mentioned below). Business Summaries will be accepted till February 20, 2009.
Phase 2:

Group Mentoring and Elevator Pitch: Mar, 2009

A Jury comprising ET editors and our partner, Indian Angel Network, will sift through all Business Summaries to arrive at the first shortlist of promising ideas. All shortlisted candidates will be called for Group Mentoring sessions to prepare them for an Elevator Pitch interview. They will be mentored by successful entrepreneurs, investors and patrons of The Power of Ideas at select cities.
Phase 3:

One-on-one Mentoring: April 2009

Candidates chosen after the Elevator Pitch will form the second shortlist. They will be assigned senior mentors who can be consulted over email and phone, besides face-to-face sessions, over a dedicated period of two weeks, on everything that it takes to create a business plan worthy of investor interest.

Phase 4:

Meet the Investors: April – May 2009

The mentored business ideas will be presented by candidates to the largest single gathering of investors. Deserving business ideas will receive appropriate funds.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Forgot to add: Final date of registration is 20[sup]th[/sup] February 2009.
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    Thank you so much for this 😀
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    MaxBiz is participating?
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    Now we will. We have a revolutionary concept. I was just filling the form.
  • Red Hawk
    Red Hawk
    Thanks Biggie.. This isa wonderful opportunity to show our business skills.. We would definitely make use of it..
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Good luck to those participating!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi CEans, How you doing? I am working for an MNC. I am very much pleased to join this site, like all the forums here; I specially appreciate the complete...
Given a two jars of 9 litre and 7 litre, how will you measure 3 litres? Assume that ample water is available. 😎 Write answer in steps like this--> 0...
hi every one :smile: i am a second year student in communication departement , faculty of engineering. my problem is that :" i don`t know how to plan my career"...
hello friends i have one doubt about sabari malai . in sabarimalai on every jan14th we saw one light on upon the hills, is there any reason for this pls...
hai friends i am a electrical student of 3rd year , i am very interested at doing mini project but i don't have knowledge about it so please tell me...