Economic Recession should not be an excuse to cut jobs - Narayan Murthy

Layoffs are an inevitable aspect of the corporate world, especially in recession. But a poor economy should not be an excuse to cut jobs, says NR Narayana Murthy, Chief Mentor of Infosys. "In today's economic downturn, the challenge lies in having the courage to set an example that responsible profitability is a realistic achievement. And by using data to demonstrate that it is possible to preserve jobs in an economic downturn, while innovating to increase profits, productivity and efficiency," Murthy said.

Well, its a well known fact that Infosys indeed fired lot of people during the economic downturn.

What do you think about Mr. Murthy's statement?

Replies

• HirenBarbhaya
    HirenBarbhaya
    Giving statement is very easy, and following the same statement is very difficult....

OR

I should say, looks who is talking??? "Sau Chuhe mar ke billi haj pe chali"

OR

"Dahi Sasre na jay ne Gandi ne shikhaman aape" (Wise lady did not go to in-laws house and asks the mad lady to do so)...

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Just stumbled upon this link that shows an animation. I'm sure you will enjoy it. Check it out - see this nice Animation I hope you will enjoy 😀
Get ready to find out everything you need to know on how to take advantage of the epic economic opportunity right before you. This economy can work for your business,...
Source: What's new about Sony PlayStation 3 Slim? - Yahoo! India News Sony's sleeker and lighter version of its gaming console, called the PlayStation 3 Slim is now available in...
Hah! This is awesome news! 😁 The handset supports dual SIM, has FM, MP3, talk-time of 420 minutes, standby time of 240 minutes and is available in Black+Grey, Black+Red and...
Scientists at the Technion-Israel Institute of Technology have developed an eco-friendly silicon-air battery capable of powering devices for thousands of hours before replacement. “Silicon-air batteries will be used like the...