earthquake in INDIAN OCEAN!!

Last night a 6.6 earthquake originated in the Indian Ocean around 1 25 AM.

I FELT IT!! we rushed out of the hostel and we stayed on the road for till almost 3 hours. I pray to God this doesn't result into another tsunami.
Did anyone else feel it??

Check it here: #-Link-Snipped-#
#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    There were slight Earthquakes in Andhrapradesh - in few costal andhra districts as well.
    Thankgod everything is fine.
  • priyank_180
    priyank_180
    No.. i dont..
    But I had felt it in past ....
    An earthquake is very dangerous thing...
    I had felt it once in my life and don't want to fill it again..!!
    At that time i was in 10th stadard... when Gujarat was under its effect... It was 26th january 2000... that morning, i was there at my school(in gandhinagar) for flag march... and suddenly it happens and I can't understand,what it was... I was lucky that I am so far away from epicenter of an earthquake...

Thank god... we are safe...
  • Mr.Don
    Mr.Don
    ya beware of 2012 might be the end of the world according to nostradamus
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Do not worry...

Epicenter of this quake was around 160 km away from Andaman and 33 KM deep into sea. So chances of Tsunami's are pretty less. Last time around 4.5 years back when we faced Tsunami (due to Indo-Sumatra quake of RC 9.1) quake was just at 10 km deep into sea which causes Tsunami.

Hope that as this time magnitude is much lesser 7.6 in comparision to 9.1, and depth is almost thrice, chances of Tsunami are less.

-CB
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    oh thank God. there is no harm for lifes.
    I am very scared of that earth quake..

WINNERS DONT DO DIFFERENT THINGS....THEY DO THINGS DIFFERENTLY........
  • Mr.Don
    Mr.Don
    haha dont worry i will there for you all for the rescue..
  • Mr.Don
    Mr.Don
    Anywhere any problem lionman is here..

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi i am a new member i want to make a project on wind energy.... In my final year. I have a concept ,first we use a tunnel can be...
Murphy's Laws for Computers.... ​ If you don't know Murphy's laws, then you are missing humor and charm in your life. Murphy's law states that "If anything can go wrong,...
help related to processors i am interseted to learn about the main difference between the intel and amd processors. i need atleast 5 difference, any reply will be helpful waitting...
Can anyone give me a idea about an elecrical based final year project(s)??
Hi guys I wanna do M.S somewhere in the world on Robtics..Can u suggest the best place and also anything about robotics or else any alternative future plans other than...