E-Notice Board

Project Abstract / Summary : In every organisation when you roam around in the campus you come across notice boards with various notices of different departments and different years regarding timetable, some important function to be held and many more. This might be the long going tradition but there are various activities behind the final notice put up.

The script and the content of the notice have to be decided. After finalising this, the notice has to be typed on the computer with the proper formatting and editing if required. After that, notice has to be printed on paper and must be verified by the head and if he/she approves then only the notice is put on the notice board. Now, if there are any urgent or emergency changes then the entire notice has to be put off from notice board and the entire process has to be repeated. Also, the is a lot of paper usage and its time consuming.

So, to erase all these shortcomings and save time we developed a project named as 'e-Notice Board'. In this project, there is an application in the smart phones developed using android which will be used to generate a notice. The electronic notice board mainly made of LED will be connected via a new upcoming hardware known as 'Raspberry pi' (which is also known as mini CPU) with the android application. The android application in the mobile phone will generate a notice and after submitting it, the contents of the notice will be passed on to the raspberry pi in the form of html script and will be stored in its database. After refreshing the board, the notice will be displayed on the board.

Due to this, a lot of time will be saved and also the people then won't have to go through any cumbersome process. Also this notice board is eco-friendly i.e. it saves a lot of paper.

The notice board was developed using raspberry pi as the connector for android and the LED, this is achieved using mqtt.
The format of notices displayed is done using HTML.

Why did you choose to work on this project topic : Generally, while putting any important notice the staff has to print and pin the notice on the board. In case of any emergency alterations, the alternating notice has to be completely replaced, and also there is excessive usage of paper.

Due to the above reasons, we decided to make an e-notice board controlled via an android application.

In future, it can be used as a system of advertisement where-in ads can be dynamically displayed on the e-board.

Project Highlights : Because it is a cost efficient substitute to the existing traditional approach of displaying notices. Also it is eco-friendly, saves time and reduces physical effort.

The user has to just design the notice using an android phone (includes special fields for heading, sub-heading, table, contents, designation and background colour) and then publish the notice just by click of a button. This sends the notice to the administrator, who has the power to select the notices to be displayed.

Also there is a provision for scrolling text on the bottom of the e-notice board which also can be entered by an android application.

Project Category : CS / IT / Networking
------------------------------------------------------
Institute/College Name: RCOEM
City: Nagpur
State: Maharashtra
Participating Team From: Final Year

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I am doing my final year project on VANET architecture and I have been going through many research articles but couldn't find anything concrete that can help me in its...
Cornell Tech and Bloomberg have collaborated to create a website called TrueRatr that can filter sarcastic reviews of apps and give interested users authentic reviews from competent users. TrueRatr was...
Project Abstract / Summary : My project is about join agriculture industry to IT sector. firstly we work in online grain merchant structure, we choose to make ITAGRO because of...
hi friends pls help for me to do best mini project pls give some ideas related to mechanical department and it may helpful for society.so pls guide me through your...
Hi all, This is jeevan,actually i am keen to do a study project on a vehicle which have both si engine for rear wheel drive and an electrical motor engine...