Dyson CSYS LEDs Will Stay Bright For 37 Years

LEDs are meant to last for a long time, but if not properly heat shielded, they tend to lose their brightness and color. Jake Dyson of 'Jake Dyson Light' says that all the other designers have only made half-hearted attempts at cooling the LEDs and that's certainly not enough. Dyson has designed new CSYS LEDs that will stay bright for 37 years! All that means is that you can forget buying new LEDs every few years.

Dyson's official website mentions that the conventional applications fail to protect the LEDs from heat and are often subjected to temperatures up to 130°C. The heat has a damaging effect on the phosphorous coating of the bulb which results into degradation in brightness and color over time. The CSYS task lights have been specially engineered to use the heat pipe technology that takes away the head from the LEDs and keeps them cool at about 55°C. The lower temperature allows the lights to stay bright for 37 years.

Dyson-CSYS-LED

The CSYS Task Light system has 3-axis glide motion and can extend 27.5 cm horizontally. It can rotate smoothly to any direction to act as a perfect task light system on your desk. The system also offers precision dimming and memory so that it remembers your last light brightness levels. The company offers 2 years of guarantee on the parts and labour.

The CSYS task light system is priced at £399 for the smaller model and £599 for the larger, floor-standing model. The lights will be made available on the official website linked in the source below.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• farhad farhadi
    farhad farhadi
    it is great.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello sir, I'm. Shabih Abbas Khan I've just joint an angeneering college for b.tech in computer science,sir I have some idea of CPP programming which I learnt in intermediate and...
How to find the job in India after b.e​
The ambitious, yet low-cost Mangalyaan (aka the ISRO Mars Orbiter) project will undergo a blackout phase from tomorrow (8 June) till 22nd June. During this period, there will be absolutely...
Hello Sir, I have done B.E in EXTC and I'm doing M.E in Electronics along with this I'm also doing a software development course .. however I have opted for...
The world of thermometers is being rapidly researched on and there are scientists dedicatedly working on bettering the technology. In line with that, a team from University of Nottingham collaborated...