DSK Motowheels Launch Hyosung GT250R LE Special Edition Superbike In India

DSK Motowheels have launched in India a new special edition superbike called the Hyosung GT250 R LE. Hyosung's tag line - "Made in Korea, Ridden by the world" is evident from the design and features of this new superbike. In the ceremony to celebrate the first anniversary of Hyosung’s official riding group HyRyders, DSK Motowheels will be manufacturing only 50 units of the Hyosung GT250 R LE with owner's singatures and the bike will feature enhancements in its graphics and personalization. The bike was launched by Mr. Shirish Kulkarni, Chairman, DSK Motowheel in a bright hurricane yellow color. Let us take a look at some of the specs, features and price of the GT250R LE in India.

Known popularly as the 'Big Boy' among superbikes, the 250 cc vehicle features heavy duty fully-faired muscular body. Powered by a V twin-cylinder and an oil-cooled 4-stroke engine, the GT250 R produces 27.6 Bhp of maximum power at 10000 rpm, and 22.07Nm of maximum torque at 8000 rpm. Featuring 43mm inverted forks and front dual disc brakes, the bike has a top speed of 140 kmph. It has some interesting features like double disk Front Brakes, twin projector headlamps, upside down forks, EFI and the adjustable rear sets. It is the only 250cc bike in India with Super Sports riding position. The bike will be available with exclusive branded merchandise and the overall price in India is Rs. 2,97,000 (Ex-showroom Pune).

Hyosung-GT-250R-India-Yellow

Speaking his thoughts at the unveiling of the superbike, Mr. Shirish Kulkarni, Chairman, DSK Motowheels said, "Driven by popular demand from our discerning customers, we decided to introduce this signature edition of the GT250 R. What better way to introduce this faired beast than the 1st anniversary of our exclusive superbike club the HyRyders. We are overwhelmed by the support shown by the owners club, and are committed to delivering maximum value and excitement for them in the years to come."

Hyosung is also looking to unveil two new motorcycles in India next year. One is a KTM competitor, the GD250N and the other is the Aquila 250 cruiser. Both these bikes will be showcased at the upcoming Auto Expo 2014. In another news, DSK Hyosung is planning to enter in mass segment 125 cc bike sector by end of 2015. The company will manufacture these bikes locally in technical collaboration with South Korea's S&T Motors. DSK Hyosung is setting up a manufacturing facility near Karad, 100 kms from Pune which will be operational by end of 2014.

Pune is about to experience the breeze of a big superbike in town. This limited edition Hyosung GT250R LE yellow mean machine can be bought on demand through select dealerships of DSK Hyosung in India.

Replies

• Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Hyosung
    GT250R LE Special Edition is good and only attractive thing is dual front discs and design of vehicle body.
    Honda CBR 250R would be my choice if i go for your 2 lakhs segment.It has a better performance and top speed of 160kmph and moreover a beast from reputed company in Indian roads.Any other suggestions.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Here is a video from DSK Hyosung India that shows the bike in action along with the features.

• Vikram S Bargah
    Vikram S Bargah
    With the launch of Hyosung GT250r & Aquila 250, DSK is going to rule the high end bike market. They design some fabulous mean machines.....Ah loved the yellow beast.😀
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    The beast bike's 'Limited Edition" version is mechanically unchanged and can accelerate from 0-100 kmph in 8.33 second and can clock a top speed of 140 kmph.

This limited edition GT250R would see a production run of only 50 units, and will have owner's signature and branded merchandise packaged with the bike, in a cost of near 3 lakhs.

Meanwhile, my view is we should say this INDIAN super bike... because actually at world arena super bike should have speed in access of 250 kmph AT-LEAST... 😁.

-CB

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I remember my friends and I were on a short-range bike trip during our college days and one of the smarter asses among us thought it was an incredible idea...
Datawind, the popular Aakash tablet & UbiSlate manufacturer in India, is here with a brand new category of launch. Yes, entering the low-budget smartphone segment in the country, Datawind has...
A lot of students are made in-charge of conducting an Industrial tour/Industrial visit to various IT and core companies as a part of their 3rd year or 4th & final...
I have been watching a lot of debates going on the television regarding this topic. Lots of people have actually benefited from this treatment from various diseases like cancer, respiratory...
Any body has any idea about the best green engineering firms across the world? If an engineering graduate is interested in R&D or production projects related to green engineering, which...