Drum Brake Formula Help

hello..
I need to know the formulas that can be used to design a drum brake . Something that incorporates the deceleration req, friction of friction lining, pedal force and rim diameter.. also suggest me other terms and books i could refer for that.
- Anticipating suggestions,
- Regards(Amith)

Replies

• RVignesh
    RVignesh
    HI AMIT ,
    you can refer to VB bhandari's book for machine design , if u are not satisfied with that try searching forr books on google books . I just some very good books on brakes
  • N.Gowtham Raj
    N.Gowtham Raj
    Try NPTEL notes..... #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Kedar Malwadkar
    Kedar Malwadkar
    You can use any "Theory Of Machines" book!
  • Amith Gupta
    Amith Gupta
    Kedar Malwadkar
    You can use any "Theory Of Machines" book!
    boss.. its almost a year that i asked this question😒.. i got the answers lonngg back 😉
  • Kedar Malwadkar
    Kedar Malwadkar
    Amith Gupta
    boss.. its almost a year that i asked this question😒.. i got the answers lonngg back 😉
    I just did'nt looked at the date!!!😨😨😨
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    Refer any SAE handbook dealing with brakes.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello CE'ians.. I am NIYAZ.. fresh to the CE community. I have completed my b.tech information technology. Now am searching for the job, temporarily stayed in chennai. I came from...
hello...i am doing b.tech in ECE 3rd year. i gt 92% in 10thand 94% in 12th..i have 8.5 cgpa till nw and i ve been on 2 internships.soassuming i maintain...
I am a 5th year Mechanical Engineering Student and I am working on a software for simple torsional analysis of shafts. After doing research online, I have defined my project...
Identify this former union minister
Good morning Friends, First watch this video. Then follow my next reply. 😀 [video=youtube;TtzN4pbjWmY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtzN4pbjWmY&feature=related[/video]