Drone Fabrication

I want to fabricate drone which can weigh 600 kgs with minimum cost.
Can anyone provide me the drone specifications and some ideas
I want to optimize it.

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    For people to comment you have to be more specific.
    What is the maximum cost? Is 600 kg the total weight or will there be additional payload? If so, what is the all up weight?
    Have a look at these links. May give some clues.
    1. Computational multicopter design of drones
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    2. Design of Drones for civil applications
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    3. Build your own drone
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Just wondering how big a drone will have to be if it's to carry 600 Kg payload ☕
  • Chandrashekhar Aru
    Chandrashekhar Aru
    It is the weight lifting drone. It should carry at least 400 kg of weight. It is a multidisciplinary drone. I want to fabricate it for my Final Year Project. But I didn't know the motor specifications, Battery specifications, material specifications for blades as well as for drone body.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    A drone designed for an all up weight of 1000 Kg with all weather capability is certainly not an end of term project. The cost will be huge, fabrication and testing a nightmare. In my opinion this calls for a major aerospace design team and large funds and time. Unlikely that any CEan can give you more than some references to the usual DIY projects..
    What you are looking for is something like the Rustom UAV in terms of weight and payload.
    Drdo Rustom

This does not look like an end of term project.
  • Chandrashekhar Aru
    Chandrashekhar Aru
    A.V.Ramani
    A drone designed for an all up weight of 1000 Kg with all weather capability is certainly not an end of term project. The cost will be huge, fabrication and testing a nightmare. In my opinion, this calls for a major aerospace design team and large funds and time. Unlikely that any CEan can give you more than some references to the usual DIY projects.
    What you are looking for is something like the Rustom UAV in terms of weight and payload.
    Drdo Rustom

This does not look like an end of term project.

Sir, What about if we fabricate drone using 3d printing which should weigh at least 10 kgs. It might be used as spy drone.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    3D printing does not automatically imply low weight. If you want a payload of 400 kg, it is a big vehicle.
    There are many available designs for something like 1 kg payloads. See here:
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Chandrashekhar Aru
    Chandrashekhar Aru
    A.V.Ramani
    3D printing does not automatically imply low weight. If you want a payload of 400 kg, it is a big vehicle.
    There are many available designs for something like 1 kg payloads. See here:
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    Sir, what if I am going for payload of 8 to 10 kg
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Now that you're reading this and I have your attention, I want you to look at how the media is manipulating you. I'm already sick of seeing posts on the...
Google has finally made Google Glass 2.0/ Enterprise edition officially available with revamped and improved design and hardware features. Unveiled way back in 2012 the wearable edition was available in...
The first round of allocation is done. This thread is for guys and gals who are satisfied with their allocation and now are wondering what to do next. Things like...
Russian engineers have launched a new satellite in space and it's interesting for multiple reasons. First and the foremost - the Mayak satellite is going to be the second brightest...
In a bid to foray into the lucrative world of social media, Amazon Inc. has come up with a novel shopping centered social network, Spark. It enables Amazon prime members...