Driver software problem in windows 8

With much enthusiasm switched from windowsxp to windows8.๐Ÿ˜Ž I use d-link dongle which proved incompatible with windows8 asking for it's driver software again switched back to windows7.๐Ÿ˜ฒ

Replies

• Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    divya nair
    With much enthusiasm switched from windowsxp to windows8.๐Ÿ˜Ž I use d-link dongle which proved incompatible with windows8 asking for it's driver software again switched back to windows7.๐Ÿ˜ฒ
    You can check yourself in d-link's official website whether the latest driver for the d-link dongle is available or not.
    If it's available, then install it & dongle will start working.
    But if not, then grin & bear it ๐Ÿ‘
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Try to update driver or google for "d-link" driver for windows 8 and download it.If this fails , try to install another(previous xp os)-dual booting for your convienience.
  • pradeep.pawar
    pradeep.pawar
    Check the website for windows 8 drivers or try running the drivers in compatibility mode for xp or 7
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    you can still use dongle in windows 8. but the procedure is bit confusing. Let me try to explain.
    Install vmware or virtualbox in your computer and load win7/xp in it.
    Enable 1 USB port ffor the guest machine connect dongle to virtual machine. Establish internet connection in virtual environment.
    Then bridge the host-guest connection of virtual machine with your lan of host computer and enjoy internet connetion on host machine.

Now this is working only if you do it correctly. ๐Ÿ˜› this is crazy engineering though. ๐Ÿ˜›
    But yeah it works.

Handle with Care!!

Or the better way, search for updated drivers on dlink website for windows 8 ๐Ÿ˜›

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Teenagers, while may constitute a great part of Valve's target audience, do not yet have as strong an influence on Valve's workplace. The game developing company famous for Half-Life, Portal...
I always amused by the design of thread. I want to know that whether there is a relation for loss due to threads in tyre. We all know that threads...
Hi, My rank is 118 ( A+B+C). Can I get any tuition fee waiver???total fee is around 80000/-can anyone tell me ?
My friend of mine has called me and showed me a confusing construction in my hostel.Yes we found glass slides that have been buried in cement floor with constant distance....
I have an galaxy y along with laptop without wifi.Can I use the phone as a wifi receiver? I have tried connectify.But it can only reverse tether the wifi signal...