Dream Tapping Machine

well!this is an era of hi-fi technology.and today's human being's virtually eat,drink&sleep tecnology!wait,i mentioned sleep,rite?:sleeping:
yes!i did mention sleep! ie. what i mean to say is that howmuch ever technology may have grown,[as far as my knowledge goes]no one has invented A DREAM TAPPING MACHINE!ie.a machine that can tap one's dream when he/she is asleep!:sleepy:
once invented,this wud by far be the farthset invasion of technology into one's privacy.:twisted:
but look at it the other way,how beautiful wud it be if we can get an insight into a baby's dream[ie.its jr.james bond like adventure in its own dreamland]😎
SO,IF ANYONE OUT THERE HAVE ANY INFO ON THIS MACHINE OR HAVE ANY IDEA ABOUT IT,POST IT!

Replies

• crook
    crook
    Really nice idea but I'm skeptic about its usefulness to mankind. I don't its impossible to actually catch the dreams. My reasoning is simple. Catch the electric pulses which flow through our neurons and decode them. The technology will enable us to do this in future.

crook
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    crook
    Really nice idea but I'm skeptic about its usefulness to mankind. I don't its impossible to actually catch the dreams. My reasoning is simple. Catch the electric pulses which flow through our neurons and decode them. The technology will enable us to do this in future.

crook
    I bet such a machine will help doctors/psychiatrists cure diseases. I agree with Crook's reasoning, but I've no clue if engineers/scientists have already developed a device which can decode electric signals which flow inside our body.

Years ago, I had seen an experiment on Discovery channel. The man controls a robotic arms just by thinking about its motion. Anyone with more ideas on this? :idea:

-The Big K-
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    hmm, I have seen similar experiments as Biggie was saying on the tube as well. The man controls the motion of a pixel on the screen just by thinking about it.

The challenge would be multi-fold -
    1. To connect to the human brain, to the subconscious
    2. To translate the pulses into a language (just imagine the complexity of the lexical tokenizer, it will be different for different people!!)
    3. To verify results 😁
    4. Noise, what would and what wont qualify as noise? REM, does it count as a dream ... what about lucid dreams?
  • rosh009
    rosh009
    true biggie!it will definitely help psychiatrists.
    but the doubt that i've is that can this machine be invented[if not yet] on the lines of BRAIN MAPPING machine?
  • crook
    crook
    rosh009
    true biggie!it will definitely help psychiatrists.
    but the doubt that i've is that can this machine be invented[if not yet] on the lines of BRAIN MAPPING machine?
    I think such machine can be invented. Can you brief us about brain mapping machine?
  • rosh009
    rosh009
    well!as far as my knowledge goes,brain mapping m/c works as follows:
    electrodes are attatched to patients scalp with a electrolyte like liquid/paste.
    and this catches the electrical activity of brain and inputs to a machine which processess data and outputs the required data in the form of graph on the screen.
    and this working of brain mapping m/c comes under a fascinating
    field called NEUROTECHNOLOGY!
    and what i feel is that if at all dream tapping m/c is going to be invented ,then NANOTECHNOLOGY is going to play an important role!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

CEans! I wish a very HaPpy & Prosperous New Year to all Crazy Engineers! May the new year bring you lots of exciting times & success. Let us create a...
I'm sure, this one is going to touch your emotions. 😁 Lately, I've met many die-hard Microsoft haters who think Microsoft products are all screwed up. This thread is dedicated...
why such a particular selections of keys to unlock in xp ?????is it randow or is there some reason ????
#Posting on behalf of our editor-in-chief, Mayur# Hello CEans, Wish you a very happy and prosperous new year. Let the new year bring lot of new ideas and inspire one...
Dear All, I'm glad to announce that the editorial team is being incorporated. The team will be finalised and announced by the end of this month. We will announce and...