Downtime Notice - Discussions

Discuss the announcement: #-Link-Snipped-# in this thread.

Replies

• durga ch
    durga ch
    *life without computer*
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    ๐Ÿ˜

This has been a long pending maintenance. We're firing it up today. Not a very good time; but we must do it ๐Ÿ˜€.

*Maintenance in progress...*
  • just2rock
    just2rock
    service & maintainance is all what is required now to keep all of you charge up once & every time you step into crazyengineers....so look forward to all your kind support & contributions ahead
  • Aashish Joshi
    Aashish Joshi
    WHAT?? No CE?? That's disconcerting!!

But you gotta do, what you gotta do!!

Best of luck!!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Relax folks! We're trying to keep the downtime to minimum - if it's required at all. Else, you won't even notice the downtime ๐Ÿ˜‰

It's possible that you might lose a post or two made during the maintenance period. But don't worry, it will happen in an unlikely event.

There's nothing to worry about.
  • Aashish Joshi
    Aashish Joshi
    I can understand, but not being able to access CE is kinda like taking away cigarettes from a chain smoker!! He can do without them for a reasonable amount of time, but he'd rather not!! ๐Ÿ˜

And, we appreciate what you're doing!!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Update:

The server maintenance is in progress. Everything looks good so far. I'm trying to have the downtime around midnight so that least number of CEans will be affected.

I'll update everyone once the maintenance is over.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Announcement updated. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Everything done!

CEan Durga has already informed that she's noticing considerable performance/speed improvement ๐Ÿ˜€

What about you? ๐Ÿ˜
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    and i guess few things have been fixed up as well. For some reason one fine day i stopped getting mail notifications to my personal mail box when an update is posted to athread I have subscribed to
    Now I am receiving notifications as well !

Three cheers to upgrade! ๐Ÿ˜
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I believe earlier, the notifications were delivered to SPAM folder. Could you please confirm?
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    Yup.
    I just checked. They were spammed,
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    What was the down time for? Are you migrating it from a server to the another? Taking backups?
  • safwan
    safwan
    @ biggie my notifications were not on spame folder ??
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Have you checked it now?

They should be in the inbox not in Spam. If its in Inbox then the problem is solved.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Watch out for the latest announcement, folks.
  • Aashish Joshi
    Aashish Joshi
    just read it...was the downtime earlier today due to the migration?? Anyway, no problem. Most of the CEans will understand i think. Best of luck for the server migration.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Yes, it was because of the migration. We are performing two migrations. One's already done. Second is in progress.
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    The_Big_K
    Watch out for the latest announcement, folks.

waiting since long....
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Just 45 mins earlier CE was down for some time .

I was redirected to Home page.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

sir, i am currently doing my b.tech second year(mechanical engineering). i wish to do my internship in the coming summer break(2010) itself. however we do have an advantage of having...
I stumbled upon the term "Live MySQL Clustering" while reading a document. I tried searching on the web but couldn't find any article that explains it. Anyone here has information...
Hi Kinetic joules Happy Birthday!! ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰ We miss you , She was a good contributer well before I joined CE, read few posts of her. Come back!!
This link describes a curious connection between a 200 year old death mask and modern CPR training. Forensic Genealogy Book Contest
CEans, Any news about the latest Bhutan Quake? I hope all our CEans from Bhutan are safe and helping others. If you have more information, please post here.