Download Opera For Android From Google Play Store Now

Opera Browser has been a decent choice for many around the world. There are thousands of fans too. Now taking a head-on challenge with Google Chrome, Android's all the very popular browser, is Opera for Android, which is now available to be downloaded from the Google Play store or m.opera.com for any mobile phone running Android 2.3 or above. Opera says that a users think a lot before they choose what is best for them and so when you purchase a new Android running smartphone, you should choose the easiest and fastest way to discover a world of new content through Opera Browser. Opera has completely rebuilt and redesigned the browser for giving users a beautiful browsing experience.

Along with a lighter color scheme, Opera has now become super intuitive to use. The all-new "Discover" feature on the Opera App lets you find new and inspiring articles with a quick swipe to the right from your home screen. Opera likes to call this features as an user's "itsy-bitsy personal assistant". There are a lot of categories to choose from, including - Arts, News, Technology etc. Most of us now have 3G data plans on our smartphones, but are we really having as fast speeds as promised? In India, especially, a lot of users are struggling with the best and costly data connections, because it just isn't worth it. So, here comes in picture -Opera's "Off-Road" feature, which will get you out of even the most sluggish of sluggishy networks, all over the world. Yep.

slide

How does the Off-Road feature work you ask? Well, using data compression, this feature will reduce the amount of data traffic while you browse. By turning on a switch, Opera for Android will start saving you time on bad connections and money when on roaming. As you can see, right now Opera for Android is generating good user reviews on the Google Play Store. There are comments on how the interface has become more user-friendly and the Speed Dial works just fine for bookmarking. Other important features to note are - the functions such as text reflow that lets people view web text at any zoom level without scrolling sideways or the revamped address and search field for super easy access.

There was an uproar earlier this month, when we heard that Opera Mini To Come Pre-Installed On Android Devices In India. So, we are eager to know how the Indian market responds to the Opera browser experience. Introduced at first, at the MWC 2013 in February, Opera for Android is based on the Webkit engine, the same on that powers Google's Chrome and Apple's Safari browsers. We are eager to read your opinions, so shoot in the comments below.

And here's a video from Opera that you should see -

Replies

• Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    I am commenting from Opera Browser.
    + Nice UI
    + Fast Browsing
    + Offroad Mode
    - Resource Hungry
    - No Loading Progress Bar

Overall good browser.But not "Wow" browser.
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    Well I was using Dolphin browser because I found it was pretty much fast for Android then any other (even earlier versions of Opera) but I think now it's time to have Opera 😀
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Yeah. There's just so much in the new one. Opera now allows you to save individual pages for offline viewing; permanently enable a desktop user agent so that you never see the mobile versions of sites (Chrome only does this on a per-page basis); and adjust the quality of images downloaded in Off-Road mode to further cut bandwidth usage.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Maybe I should give Opera some serious try. I no longer go and try out browsers except for what ship with the operating systems.

PS: I ditched Widows long ago.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    I was very much happy when Firefox declared its ARMv6 support. Back then,around 2-3 months ago I downloaded FF beta & tested the performance of browser.I gotta say I wasn't impressed at all. So being sad,I uninstalled my favourite browser. Just Yesterday,I redownloaded Firefox just to test the performance. And guess what? I am very very happy with the performance. I have downloaded the latest Opera & latest FF for my Android & undoubtedly FF wins this war.
    For a moment,Try Firefox; you'll be amazed by the performance of this browser.
    Mozilla FF community,you developers just rock! Much love.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Man this is a hell of a game created so much hype and today it is finally the JUDGEMENT DAY Check out the official teaser trailer of the game here...
When the malware analysis firm Norman Shark found out who is behind this large, sophisticated cyber attack system, it had to point a finger at India. Researchers now claim that...
A few unofficial online pictures of the fastest ever Bajaj Pulsar has our anticipation running at 375cc, what with high-performance being veined into a well beefed up body. The auto-maker...
I stumbled upon project DD-WRT. The project offers custom firmware for your router and promises to unleash the full potential - something that the official firmware won't do. I see...
Microsoft will unveil the next generation of the gaming console XBOX. The project has been codenamed 'Durango' and the rumors are that Microsoft will actually reveal the console, unlike Sony...