Download Noto Font - Because It's One Font That Rules All!

Google's got an interesting project that not many of us know - called Google Noto. Google Noto aims to develop a font that covers all the languages in the world, in a single unified font. That means, having Noto Font installed will let you type in Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Marathi, Hindi, Marwari, Gujarati, Japanese, English and think of any language you can! Earlier, you'd have to struggle to find the right font to write in your own language!

I really like the idea and something I always wished existed. That said, the font's available in various forms: Serif, Sans Serif (mostly used for English) and then all your regional languages. Google's published a map of the world to indicate which parts of the world (and their languages) have been covered. It's quite possible that a language may not have been covered; but be assured that Google folks will cover everything!

You may download the font from : #-Link-Snipped-# . Do give it a try! It's worth it!

Replies

• Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    I just tried Gujarati font but it is not working in LibreOffice.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Seems to work. Tried Tamil. The text has to be in Tamil to start with.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    A.V.Ramani
    Seems to work. Tried Tamil. The text has to be in Tamil to start with.
    Tried with Microsoft Office?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I couldn't install the font on my machine because there was an error with it. Will try later.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Harshad Italiya
    Tried with Microsoft Office?
    MS Word 2007.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    A.V.Ramani
    MS Word 2007.
    Ok, May be Open source LibreOffice having some issue. I will check out this thing in detail but it's nice share #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Quote: A new four-winged dinosaur has been discovered, with exceptionally long feathers on its tail and "hindwings". Changyuraptor yangi was a gliding predator which lived in the Cretaceous period in...
Do we have the right to bequeath our digital accounts like we do other property? Would we want to at all? Lawmakers may be getting into the act. What do...
The presence of radioactive gases such as radon and thoron in the off-gas streams of the Thorium and Uranium Processing Facilities (UPF). Serious questions have been raised about the need...
Quote: Another triumph of human knowledge: The most complete geologic mapping yet of an entirely different planet. Scientists at the U.S. Geological Survey said this week that they've finished humanity's...
What is IES or Indian Engineering Services Exam? The Engineering Services Exam or ESE 2015 is an entrance exam to be taken by graduate engineers who want to work under...