Download Google Map On Android - Using 'Ok Maps'

Google Maps is awesome and the only issue with using Google maps is that it always requires you to have your data connection on. The best way to use Google maps is to cache them locally; that is let the map be downloaded on your android phone or tablet so that you can refer to the map even in areas where the data connection is not available.

The latest version of the Google Maps allow you to save the map locally but there's one more way to do that - and that is using the command 'Ok Maps'. All you need to do is hover over the area that you want to save offline locally and then in the search box type the words Ok Maps. Tap the search icon and the application will cache the entire visible map on your android phone or tablet. You will see a message that says "pre-loading" maps or an error message "the on-screen area map is too large, zoom in first". If you see the error message, simply zoom in and tap on the search button one more time. This time it should work.

The bigger downside of this method is that you cannot 'manage' your offline maps just like you could in the older version of the Google Maps application. But the new method will definitely allow you to do all of that.

I hope you find this tip useful.

Via: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Definitely useful sir(#-Link-Snipped-#) and i am waiting for offline maps for major cities in India such as mumbai,chennai,delhi,calcutta.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    CSK AUTO
    Definitely useful sir(#-Link-Snipped-#) and i am waiting for offline maps for major cities in India such as mumbai,chennai,delhi,calcutta.
    I tried downloading the map of my city and it worked fine. But I only downloaded the map of the places I visit quite often (not useful, but just for the trial). Do try downloading the map of entire city and please let us know if it works fine. I'm curious to know what's the overall size of the map. I'm sure with the kind of information - the map of the metros would be bulky.
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Yes sir.I will update mine and would try to download it.I will soon post on the map details sir.
  • Ho Schiet
    Ho Schiet

Google maps are undoubtedly good bad they aren't the best. At least when I have to find out an accurate address including zip code I use this website https://worldpostalcode.com/zip-code-map . It's pretty useful and user-friendly. There is information about all addresses in all countries around the globe.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

In a Game i won 12 games, each game if i loose will give you 1 chocolate,you have 8 chocolates how many games played? This is a question in infosys...
The famous opensource 3D modelling software,Blender has released it's version 2.68 with major changes. Blender 2.68 contains huge enhancements & fixes. Some of the included features & enhancements are mentioned...
Smartphone maker XOLO has announced Q-Series phones in India's Land Of God, Kerala. The company announced three phones, Q600, Q700 & Q800 and has partnered with Aldous Glare Trade &...
Looks as though anything can be a source of power. "All is Grist to the Mill" has come true. Researchers have made a fuel cell with urine: https://www.treehugger.com/clean-technology/british-scientists-power-cell-phones-urine.html I do...
According to a report in NDTV, India's Bajaj & Austrian KTM are planning to bring more KTM bikes in India. The duo launched the KTM 390 Duke yesterday and have...