mastermind303
mastermind303
Branch Unspecified
01 Jul 2007

Double click error in Win XP folder/drive

Recently my PC started giving a weird kind of error because of some registry change.
Whenever I double clicked on a Drive /folder , instead of the folder opening, a search window would prop up. The default command in the right click menu for these items was changed. I tried to fix the problem form the tools option in the browser, but the default wouldn't change.
Then I resorted to a bit of googling. Initially I found a solutions or two in which the appropriate changes to the registry were stated. I tries those even that didn't help(the instructions weren't simple to follow). Then finally I came across this VBscript file :
https://www.esnips.com/doc/fa4bc226-2c58-4b18-885f-7b21b5b90d0a/xp_folder_open_fix

Unzipping it, saving it on my PC and running it solved the problem!!!(that script was written by an MSVP).

If you are facing a similar error , try it out.

Disclaimer : The file causes registry changes. Any users running it on their PCs should do it on
their own risk.

Do visit my blog (https://mastermind303.blogspot.com) for more articles!!!!
mahul

mahul

Branch Unspecified
15 Nov 2007
an easier option is to restore ur machine.........i tried it and it works excellent
EGYSHIMO

EGYSHIMO

Branch Unspecified
28 Jan 2008
i faced this problem and didn't find a solution for it.. so i changed my version
MaRo

MaRo

Branch Unspecified
28 Jan 2008
90% of Windows problems don't need reinstalling.

Thank you.
TheBugInYou

TheBugInYou

Branch Unspecified
05 Feb 2008
excuse me guyz......

just down load the below link and run it......

No need to re-instal OS when ever you are under a silly attack.

Here's what you are facing...

AutoPlay (PerloVGA Virus) which attaches an autoplay option for all drives. Usually spreads through Pendrives. Dont Worry I will give you all the tools you require to make your computer safe.

Click Here to Download (Just 28 KB)

Ask me for any other doubts

Share this content on your social channels -

Only logged in users can reply.