Double click error in Win XP folder/drive

Recently my PC started giving a weird kind of error because of some registry change.
Whenever I double clicked on a Drive /folder , instead of the folder opening, a search window would prop up. The default command in the right click menu for these items was changed. I tried to fix the problem form the tools option in the browser, but the default wouldn't change.
Then I resorted to a bit of googling. Initially I found a solutions or two in which the appropriate changes to the registry were stated. I tries those even that didn't help(the instructions weren't simple to follow). Then finally I came across this VBscript file :
#-Link-Snipped-#

Unzipping it, saving it on my PC and running it solved the problem!!!(that script was written by an MSVP).

If you are facing a similar error , try it out.

Disclaimer : The file causes registry changes. Any users running it on their PCs should do it on
their own risk.

Do visit my blog (#-Link-Snipped-#) for more articles!!!!

Replies

• mahul
    mahul
    an easier option is to restore ur machine.........i tried it and it works excellent
  • EGYSHIMO
    EGYSHIMO
    i faced this problem and didn't find a solution for it.. so i changed my version
  • MaRo
    MaRo
    90% of Windows problems don't need reinstalling.

Thank you.
  • TheBugInYou
    TheBugInYou
    excuse me guyz......

just down load the below link and run it......

No need to re-instal OS when ever you are under a silly attack.

Here's what you are facing...

AutoPlay (PerloVGA Virus) which attaches an autoplay option for all drives. Usually spreads through Pendrives. Dont Worry I will give you all the tools you require to make your computer safe.

#-Link-Snipped-# (Just 28 KB)

Ask me for any other doubts

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

If you are preparing for GRE or any other exam which tests your vocabulary you'll find this chunk of information interesting. Many of the words in common use today are...
Renaming recycle bin isn't the same as renaming the other folders on your Win XP machine, because this option isn't present by default. A bit of tweaking/hacking is required. There...
One of the major research areas in communication nowadays is power supply. Mobile phones have almost reached their level of saturation with cameras, internet, high capacity memory already integrated in...
Recently I had a light chat with one of my friends about probability. What he said forced me to think on this issues. He said that the meaning of probability...
hi friends, i'm doin my third yr in mechanical n i would like to do some mini projects in internal combustion engines.... considering the low capital requirements n knowledge abt...