Dot Scot Domain On Internet Needed - Scotland Government

Dot Scot Registry is a non-profit venture to establish and operate a new top level Internet domain of '.scot' for the worldwide family of Scots.

Mr Neil added: "DotScot will be a wonderful asset for establishing a distinctive online identity for many organisations and people who have been described as the worldwide family of Scots and want to demonstrate that identity online."

They are appealing for a local identity over the internet.

Replies

• Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Then why not a .in or .ind for Indians? We all need an identity on the web in such a case. What has Scotland got that we don't??
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    anoopthefriend
    Then why not a .in or .ind for Indians? We all need an identity on the web in such a case. What has Scotland got that we don't??
    There's .in domain available for registration.

PS: India does not control any of the domain registrars for commercial use.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Yeah, we own .in
    I am sure you must have seen it many government websites.
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    AbraKaDabra
    Yeah, we own .in
    I am sure you must have seen it many government websites.
    It's more like .gov.in or .co.in Have you actually seen a .in???
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Yeah, plenty.

BigRock.in
    musicplug.in
    mumbailive.in
    came to my mind right now.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

It says interesting news, anytime you visit. On a personal level, I think its quite weird that there is some algorithm inside that decides what news might interest me or...
This thread is meant for listing all the entrepreneurship cells (at least, the active ones) in Indian engineering colleges. Instead of me compiling a list of all the cells, I...
While 8/10 projects I notice are simply copy-pastes of earlier projects, there are always new projects that turn innovative ideas into reality. I'm wondering whether students with innovative final year...
[video=youtube;q3b94kFBah8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3b94kFBah8&feature=relmfu[/video] The movies you quote, the songs you listen repeatedly, the activities you love. Now there is a new class of social apps that let you express who you are...
CEans, I was recently invited to visit Israel - the country that's always in the news for conflicts. The purpose of our trip was to explore the other side of...