Don't underestimate importance of Alumni Network

Here's a tip for engineering students who are looking for summer training in companies. Get in touch with your college's alumni network.Students often underestimate the importance of Alumni Network of college. They often think that college alumni will not be of any help. But think about it. The alumni network comprises of your seniors who are already working in organizations or running their own businesses. They have the most important thing: contacts!I've been on the alumni network of my alma mater and have helped many students (not exactly with summer training) with various questions/doubts they had about corporate world. The best part of it: all the help is available for free!If you are looking for summer training, all you have to do is get in touch with the executives of alumni network of your college and ask them to introduce you to the concerned authorities. They'll often be happy to help. If they can't provide you with what you are looking for, they'll at least refer you someone who can help you.Alumni networks can help you not only with summer training but also with many other things, like job search, kick-start your venture, help you seek funds for your college projects, help you organize event or activity etc.I hope this will help.-Kaustubh Katdare|Founder, CrazyEngineers

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Google has released official statement saying that from now onwards, site's loading speed will matter in site's search engine ranking. All things same, the faster loading website will get higher...
One of the most frequently asked question is whether MBA degree would help in starting a business. The answer is, yes it can. But not in the ways you expect...
Four years after its inception on the Internet, CrazyEngineers is now ready to make its first hire. We've started looking for engineers who are great bloggers to contribute to our...
Popular Indian Author of "Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish", Rashmi Bansal is back with her latest novel, "Connect The Dots". The first book featured stories of entrepreneurs who had a degree...
I've been trying my hands on the latest uBuntu release 10.04 and I'm impressed! The OS is really fast, boots in about 15-20 seconds on my Dell Inspiron 15 and...