Don't buy from Reliance Digital!

Wrong corporate practices, the worst consumer support and service and the most pathetic brand you can ever imagine to buy even a single product is Reliance Digital.
Be it their post sale service or post sale relationship or eagerness to help the customers or to offer a value for brand. You name it and Reliance lags it.
Add to it pathetic bunch of executives and managers who makeup the manpower of the worst retail brand by miles.
Here is brief of what Reliance does offer:-
1) Great showrooms to choose your products from!
2) Extended warranty offer on all products! Oh, well they say " It's a golden offer for today only. You get extended warranty only for XXXX Rupees! ( Not free. Mind it)
3) They say that the bill is warranty card and you should keep the bill. Notice nothing behind the bill that suggest it is warranty card. No written document, no proof and you keep your bill in locker hoping to get favor, if ever you need to visit them for a service.

4) They also offer great service when you actually need a service. Once by twist of your luck your product turns faulty ( which any electronic good may suffer), they actually take you for a ride. And when you visit them they claim that service is not offered by Reliance and you need to go to respective service center.
5) When you literally beg them for a help as you had purchased from "largest" digital retail chain in India, they politely ask you to get out as your claim for service would disturb other customers! Alas would show the darker side of horrible corporate and consumer practices.
In one of my shocking experiences with Reliance Digital, Gulbarga, I purchased a Nokia Lumia 720 from them a week back(INV:000260, salesman Id:60114040,). And the phone just refused to switch on after a week. When I went for a service
Harish P(#-Link-Snipped-#)., the so called manager of the outlet says " We in Reliance do not offer any services. It needs to be sent to service which will take more than 2 week." So I demanded a warrantyd document which states so. And his humorous reply was " mail me with your query and I shall reply to your mail." Now sometimes morons needs to know that the good was not sold on mail and payment was not given through "mail" . It is right of a customer to see the service policies of a shop ( huh! retail outlet?). He went onto say "Customers purchasing 50,000/- of products also do not ask for such details and we are not bound to give such secret detail for a purchase of 18,000/-"
Could you believe your ears? Warranty/ Post Sales Service Policy of Reliance digital is Secret. And they do not offer service. They are there just to fool you in different ways possible.
So anyways, getting fed up with blunt comments and typically rude behavior, I decided to move away. I asked them how long will it take to get my phone back.
The answer is and I quote " We don't offer services which is told at the time of sales. So you need to find out service centers and get it done. You may leave now."

The humiliation did not stop there. The executives went on to say that "your longer stay here will disturb other customers. So move on."
I am sure going to see Reliance Digital in Consumer Court. But if you are planning to buy from this Outlet, think again and decide against it. Save yourself from misery and prefer your local seller!
Reliance Digital like most other Reliance brands sucks big time!​

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I have dealt with such people and brands and wrote about them on my personal blog. I got responses from the senior people in the organization and the problems got solved.

All the best.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Well when it comes to service all these giants are just eye washers

Their promises are never fullfilled I had an issue with my DTH provider But it is better now
    On the other hand I see that they are willing to sell new products than to service their sold goods and retain customers
  • Satya Swaroop Dash
    Satya Swaroop Dash
    #-Link-Snipped-# What #-Link-Snipped-# has said above is completely true. When lower level employees do not pay heed to your request try one more time then just go over to the higher authorities in the company. Send in a tweet to the retailer's Twitter account, that seems to a good idea now a days as the company tries its level best to resolve the issue as your public complaint might be tarnishing the company's reputation online. Next the problem of service, going to a Nokia Care Centre is your best bet.
    I have been buying phones from company authorised showrooms where they charge a few bucks more than the street price but they offer you proper services and they have more information on the product than any other retailer.
    But anyways, Best of luck and let us know the results of your efforts.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Queries and drawbacks about the laptop that you bought recently (Couple of months ago) Max 6 months. 1.Brand (Mac, Sony, Dell, .etc) : 2.Spec (i3, i5, i7, .etc) : (Win...
Some people while traveling by an plane Find it difficult to cope up with the change in pressure inside the chamber In this scenario the effect of traveling at 1000mph...
What happened to the small talk segment. We find that there has not been any inclusion in it for a really long time When is the next small talk on...
Well I was wondering Why miniaturised transistors are not yet implemented in the processors And I found this challenge really striking. The size of the transistor is determined by the...
Organized by- Govt. Model Engineering College, Thrikkakara Dates- September 26-28, 2013 Description - 010010000100010101001100010011000100111100100001 If you understood whatever that gibberish meant, you've probably paid attention in digital electronics (either that...