Does reading motivational books really work?

There is a common thought among people, If we read motivational books we can get confidence, positive thoughts etc. Is that true?

I tried for once, Read a book " Rewrite your life". But it haven't changed much in my life.

Bring out your views

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Ha! How many people have 'won' after reading Shiv Khera's 'You Can Win'?
  • sweet_honey
    sweet_honey
    reading motivational books work only for few hours...
    after reading the book the confidence is at its height but as we get involved in our daily routine everything goes in the air....
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Motivation can come about easily from real life experiences of other people - be it your dad, or teacher or even a politician. If the book features interesting examples, then it would be fun to read. However, you ultimately have to push yourself to excel. Talking to an elder about various issues affecting your life could be a really good start for understanding yourself better. When you open up, you let out all your emotions and free your mind. After freeing your mind, your mentor can guide you to be optimistic. Friends need to push each other to excel, there should be effortless communication so that when one feels low, the othr can always back him up. I've seen how it can wirk amazing miracles than it does through reading motivational books!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    My TEDx Talk -
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    I've started to read 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen Covey. Interesting stuff. Would probably be effective indeed if you put the effort in applying what you read in real life.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Motivation is like fuel, after some period of time it dies. So, you gotta fill up your brain every now & then with motivation.
    Many people find that they are high at initial stage after reading some kinda motivational scriptures, but then it eventually dies. Reason, like I said is simple : You gotta refill your brain in every short period of time with the motivation.
    You can't just read or hear one motivational quote or blog & stay motivated entire life ! You have to daily do that. This is something that's to be included in the habit.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Motivation is only for a short burst after a few hours or days the ideas we read in the book are the things of the past in our minds and we seldom rethink or remember them

In my opinion read a book for it is a book not cos it is going to change you 100%
  • rahul69
    rahul69
    Generally books boosts up your motivation for a short span of time, but sometimes a book stands out of thousand other books and keep us motivating in difficult times, same goes for inspiring movies.😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

We have a huge quantity of people in India, But we are still lagging in all the sectors, behind the less populated countries. We have a good pool of doctors,...
RIM announced today (Thursday, 2nd August) that the new Blackberry PlayBook will be launched in Canada on 9th of this month. Primarily launched in Canada, the PlayBook will soon reach...
Examples Of Stupid Questions that People Ask 1. When People see you Lying Down, With Ur Eyes Closed, they Ask: ... "Are You Sleeping?" (No! I'm Trying to Die?) 2....
Facebook's stocks prices have been falling like an a stone dropped from Eiffel Tower. The Facebook stock has just reached all time low, below $20. Check the screenshot - It's...
Hi everyone I need some help from u ...I have to do my final project and I want something unique to others..I also wanted to be related to pump station...