Does OS affect the touch of a mobile?

My friends updated their nokia 500 with symbian belle. They said after updating with belle os touch of their phone have improved remarkably! I want to know does os also have an affect on touch pad??

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    It could be a bug with the OS that the update fixed. Quite possible.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    May be they would have optimised algorithms for touch event 😎
  • Sarbojit
    Sarbojit
    Quite possible if the touch-driver for that particular hardware has improved with bug-fixes and enhanced.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Sarbojit
    Quite possible if the touch-driver for that particular hardware has improved with bug-fixes and enhanced.
    Right. I remember that Apple had fixed the iPhone 4 antennagate issue with a software patch. If that can be fixed; screens can of course be fixed. The logic is simple; the screen is all controlled by the firmware installed in the device. The firmware can gain total control of what's being displayed on the screen, its response time and so on.
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    Yes, and they have given in their official documentation too! Check these out:
    Faster and smoother browsing
    The responsive touch screen and increased processing power of the new generation of Nokia smartphones all adds up to smoother web browsing, faster downloads, and easy multi-tasking.
    'Due to touch improvements in Belle FP1, additional TRAP harness is added. The addition is part of the changes made to the window server as well as to the control environment framework. In Belle FP1, this adds additional check for applications’ Cleanup stack and thereby triggers the failure during application lifetime.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Batman lovers, brace yourself for the latest "The Dark Knight Raises" movie trailer. Can't wait to see this movie Who else's with me?
My email shows timings 12 hours back. It means if you send me email 11:00 p.m, it will show me the email was sent 11:00 a.m. How to fix this?...
Many organisations are leveraging Social Media to create outreach to the general public for niche events these days. There usually has been a disconnect with the masses at large for...
Hi ! I am from India, Bachelor in Electronics and Communication Engineering and Master in Business Administration. In addition, I also completed certificate courses – Webmaster and Microprocessor Based System...
Can anyone help me find a supplier of 3mm AF Ball End Hex Keys in Long Series? I need a cheap supplier of batches of 1000 at a time