Does India need a riot too?

Guys, after Egypt and Libya, Greece people are on streets now. Their reasons to do so may be different but does even India need such a thing so as to pull out the corruption and the Netaji rule?? please let me know your views CEans.

Replies

• sau
    sau
    The Swiss bank matter was on the anvil for a few days and now it is in the closet. Indian public is said to forget things easily and faster. Netaji's wealth is growing exponentially. What do we need to do? i think it is time for a riot now..
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Against whom you want to do a riot?
    These are our own people.We are not ruled by any dictator.
    Any ways we get a free and fair chance after every five years.
  • sau
    sau
    it is free technically but actually they manipulate people... as i have written till next election people will forget that some CWG scam ever happened..and would vote for the same people again..why to wait till election and give them a chance to cover up their crime? it may take 5 -6 more years to hang kasab. Do we pay tax to feed kasab?
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Ok,I agree with you.And also assume we have done a successful revolt.So who do you think will be a best choice to form government?
    What is the guarantee that he will not be involved in any corruption?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    @sau: What kind of riot do you think it should be?
    People walking on streets and lighting candles doesn't get to any good. If the problem is with the netajis (i.e. leaders) as you said, how can we possible enter a riot with them? Shed some light over this.
  • sau
    sau
    @ ankita - Like i was talking about the kasab issue, the court could have been attacked or just flooded with crowd demanding immediate action. And over netaji thing, when we see dhoni performing bad in some match people go and attack his house..the same thing could have been done in case or some netajis involved in the aaradsh case or so.. i would like to hear your suggestions too.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    I think we should actually discuss what are the effective ways of changing the system than talking about riots.
    Being offensive or creating violence is not a way out.
    What say fellas?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    I agree with sau to some extent. When problem fills the worst up to the brim, an uprising from the people is a must.
    The scene from the Indian Movie 'Rang De Basanti' where agitated youngsters kill the corrupt minister responsible for MiG-21 crashes is very desirable.

But I am unsure of the consequences. Indian Ministers are known for pushing the matter underground and everyone forgets after a while.
    Damn! I wish we had a solution to this right now.

PS: All that I can think of right now are people taking small but worthy measures to end corruption. If people like you and I vow to never take or give bribe, never support any anti-social activity, we are being the pioneers to a corruption-free nation.

As far as greedy politicians are concerned, we must try to choose young leaders who have a clear conscience and the right motives. (Note that I can't think of any name for such a leader)
  • Varsha0802
    Varsha0802
    Well, I think that any such revolution(riots) are not possible in India because India is a democracy. And if somehow it happens, our country will be destroyed because people will start fighting among themselves on who will form the government.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Y.S.Rajsekhara Reddy is one of the leader in Bharat in case you want a recent example.Though he is not among us now.But We all know another leader who was born about 350 years ago.That 'God' was young when he started a revolution.Many people tried to pull his leg.But he still remains firm.(this is not a mistake tense because he still remains relevant).

So I agree with that point of 'Rang De Basanti' from AKD I feel young people like us can really make a change.I don't want to be a pessimist,but please answer some simple questions before trying to change the whole system or 'RIOTING'.Honestly tell...

Will you not try to bribe a traffic police officer ,if he catches you breaking signal?
    If you say no then you can assume that ishutopre is with you on your way.

(Hope you say no...)
  • shubhankar
    shubhankar
    see the thing is that inflation is good upto 3 to 5 % for any government. because if we have inflation that means more money is pumped in the market and this is how every economy grows. so within the specified limit it is ok. even people do not mind if it is 8 to 9 % because this is usually the no profit no loss condition as most banks give interest at this rate. but in India the inflation is 12% and more. this is pinching every citizen of the country. we do not need to be violent. i think there should be a non co operation movement. that would be effective than riots. no point in destroying national wealth. be organised and declare a non co operation against the government. this is what i feel.
  • shame
    shame
    Maybe no, because not all corruption in a certain country can be resolved by roit, rally, or any way that can lead some people to death.
  • Deepika Bansal
    Deepika Bansal
    I don't think violence can be the solution.

I don't know what is the solution to this problem.

Whenever I've discussed a problem like this😔, I've got the same result that the only possible solution is the awareness among the common beings. This awareness can be brought through good education. For good education, we need good schools, colleges and above all dedicated teachers and a good infrastructure. Again, in the era where almost 9 on 10 persons are corrupted, finding the sincere teachers is like counting stars in the sky.😔 And about infrastructure, forget about any help from government. 😡 They can only make promises.

So a cycle has been created and the end is difficult to find. Who's gonna break this cycle.? A big question mark.
    Even if we try to take any step, I don't think that we'll be able to cover a long distance on this route. Because before this, we would be turned into ashes. I myself have seen such a case.
  • sarah_joy
    sarah_joy
    In every government, corrupt officials are always present. Riots never result into good effects for the country. Indians should not establish such activities. These activities only worsen the current situation of your government
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    riot should be there but it should be about to revolution in people
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Hey people please don't do riots for heaven's sake.It will only deteriorate conditions further.We are unable to say if the new government which assumes power after the riots will be good.So try correcting existing one while remaining with the system.
    I know it will take time and you should be very much determined but it is the only way.
    It won't even upset the whole structure of society.
    We must change the system slowly,starting from self.Riot is not only the bad concept but will also cost lives and destruction of public property.Riot is a violent and untrustworthy way.
  • andyKane
    andyKane
    NO riots!! We have much better living conditions here than that in Libya, Egypt, and the gulf countries. Riot is not a solution for India. We already have a powerful opposition. Corruption is actually both ways- givers and takers. SO we cant blame only the "takers" all the time.
    Education is the solution. But actually educated people are more involved in the frauds! So its a very complicated thing. But a riot will not lead us anywhere good for sure!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

can the ultrasonic transmitter and receiver be connected directly to breadboard or shouuld they be connected using wires? i am doing acircuit to detect obstacles using ultrasonic transmitter and receiver.will...
Hello everyone....😁 I am making a project on networking in java. I have got a problem in it. Will anyone please tell me that how to remove duplicate values from...
Hello guys, I have project that involve using hand calculation as well Matlab and I'm wondering if any of you are able to help me to start this project !!...
Thunderbolt is a brand new i/o technology jointly developed Apple & Intel that makes debut in latest MacBook Pro laptops. Thunderbolt promises 10 GB/sec transfer rates (dual-channel). It supports high-resolution...
Hello CEans, We are back again here for you this time, presenting a CEan who has joined our CE family around a year before . She is one of the...