Does Higher Education Guarantee "Success In Life"?

The debate is ages old; but reinvigorated to seek opinions from our talented engineers. I'm sometimes very surprised to see engineers 'confused' about opting for higher education. The most common reason for option higher education seems to be 'better salary' and higher quality of life. But would it hurt to do a reality check? Do you have enough role models who can confirm that higher education has guaranteed the so called "success in life"?

I think higher education should be solely meant for the sake of knowledge. Wouldn't it be nice if engineers could simply decide why they want to go for higher education in first place? I'd like to hear your opinion on this topic. ๐Ÿ‘

Replies

• PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    One thing is, in higher educations, as far as I heard, specifically in management schools, the teaching is just the experience of the others. For instance, in the book, 2 States by Chetan Bhagat, they have mentioned that in their classes, they just study about the others' experiences. So, I guess, higher education gives us good experiences to take in and do something new and productive out of it. Ultimately the goal is earning for living right?
  • K!r@nS!ngu
    K!r@nS!ngu
    Praveen-Kumar
    One thing is, in higher educations, as far as I heard, specifically in management schools, the teaching is just the experience of the others. For instance, in the book, 2 States by Chetan Bhagat, they have mentioned that in their classes, they just study about the others' experiences. So, I guess, higher education gives us good experiences to take in and do something new and productive out of it. Ultimately the goal is earning for living right?

I don't think that "Earning is the ultimate goal of higher education"....
    The main aim would be getting some good command over the subject.
    Success depends on the person, whether he/she can utilize own skills in a right way.....
  • jgeorge
    jgeorge
    I Agree with The_big_K 's Comment " I think higher education should be solely meant for the sake of knowledge. Wouldn't it be nice if engineers could simply decide why they want to go for higher education in first place?"
    Man is what his thoughts make him. Education provides direction to these thoughts. Success is more than just accumulation of material wealth. I believe that success is not a destination but a never ending journey in self exploration. It is unlocking your true potential to make your life itself a work of art. Success has more than one dimensions to it. Acquiring material wealth is not the only one. To what degree have you conquered your self and achieved liberation from wanting and needing things is another indicator of success. Education plays a large role in determining our potential for achieving this success. Here are some of the prime arguments supporting the idea of education as the veritable key to success.
  • SushmaLokapur
    SushmaLokapur
    Well, I was also one of such "Confused" engineers. But now, I'm clear about my destination.. I'm a pre-final year student of engineering.. In my opinion, opting for higher studies depends on the individual's passion.. HIGHER STUDIES is solely for the sake of knowledge.. And the success of the individual depends on how the individual utilizes his/her knowledge...
  • vinci
    vinci
    mostly people used to go for higher education specially MBA for good salary package but we have high quality IITs where the highest salary pck goes upto 70Lcs .p.a. for B.Tech graduates. MBA and other courses should be preferred for knowledge and experience only rather than big salary as if you are skilled ,money indeed raises exponentially .

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

https://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-make-a-projector-for-your-iPodiPhone-for-a/
I just need an idea because i did not find any sophisticated search result on Google.
Rovio created Angry Birds game offers a new level - a fully branded game titled "The Hunt for the Golden Pistachio". You can try the game online on https://getcrackin.com/. Rovio...
hello all, I have a project where i need to do a design analysis on a clock multiplier which uses a PLL. The Fin=20 MHz and has to be Fout=100MHZ-1GHZ....
This thread is in connection to a message sent to me by CEan-mreccentric Hi iishantopre, I have a ques from many days.... Why 2 stroke engines require oil with petrol?...