Does computer / console gaming improve your strategic decision making abilities?

playing video games is better to improve the stragetical knowledge as well as tactical...
the improvement of video games not only for joyness also to elaborate mind with different views to solve.
is gaming improves or not...?

Replies

• Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    -Moved To Proper section-

-----------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, some MMORPG games like #-Link-Snipped-# and MOBA like #-Link-Snipped-# can improve your tactical skills, because there is just too much in these games to control alongwith role-playing which does teaches you 'Team work', 'Patience', 'Power Of Position'.

In WoW aka World Of Warcraft, I remember in our awesome guild we had 5 ex-marines from US playing with us in Battleground alongwith us. They taught us few strategies which they used to implement while they were in Iraq, they taught us how to play with mind of opponents more than how to focus on your gears/weps/talents. Ofcourse, gears/talent build/weps are important, but 'Team-work' with military strategy in Battleground kills 'em all.

Inshort, if you've dope regime, you can win anything. (But having team that's highly motivated & skilled at same time is so rare!)

PS : Games (especially MMORPG & MOBA games) can teach you lot more which sometimes schools/real-life fails to teach.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    There are several games that let you take strategic decisions to achieve a goal. I'm not sure if it 'improves' the skill though.
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    one of the best thing in games is that it induce us to make a quick decision making which can really help in real life.In addition it is a stress burster .I like strategic games like age of empires and similar games.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    A lot of research is going on on this. Non violent games seem to improve skills significantly. Senior citizens can have reduced dementia risks.

For some kids there is a downside to this as well.

Video Games Boost Brain Power, Multitasking Skills : NPR
    https://www.cbsnews.com/8301-204_162-57601491/
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    They do but real games gives you more power ☕
    Here is one of the TED Talk

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Google is joining Facebook and twitter with custom URL for profiles on its social service Google+. Twitter and Facebook already providing profile link with www.facebook/twitter.com/. But here is something special...
Lenovo has announced Yoga tablet and I think it's an amazing gadget, but I fear all the innovations Lenovo has included in it will go unnoticed. I now know why...
ZTE has today launched a set of new smartphones that run the latest Android 4.2 Jelly Bean Operating system in its Blade Q range. With the unveiling of the Z...
I'm surprised to see that none of the Android phones, iPhone, Nokia or Blackberry smartphones yet have 802.11ac. Looks like the latest speedy wifi is still limited to limited number...
I have performed compressive testing of cubes using fly ash based cement . Three of them were demolded after 24 hours and 3 of them were demolded on the 5th...