Does BSNL 3G Download Speed Depend On Size Of File Being Downloaded?

BSNL 3G offers great surprizes to me every time I use it. I've made a new discovery which is apparently correct. BSNL 3G download speed varies according to the file size. I'm currently download uBuntu 10.10 which is close to 700 MB and I'm getting download speed of about 100 - 150 kbps. Just few minutes ago, I was getting 8 kbps while downloading Firefox which is just 13 MB.

Now, does that mean BSNL is encouraging us to download bigger files? Has anyone else made this observation?

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

DRDO scientists are resigning from their job and joining Indian IT services. About 20 top DRDO scientists have quit to join the IT Industry in last 6 months. These scientists...
The awesome campus at Pune will get more protection from over 130 CSIF personnel. The Pune campus is third in the list of CSIF monitored INFY campuses after Bangaluru and...
Tri Vally University in India has made Indian students wear RFID tags to track them and keep an eye on their movements. Details: Indian students | US | Tri-Valley University...
Maruti Kizashi (which means signs of good faith in Japanese) is all set to launch in India on February 2, 2011. The car developed by Suzuki & Maruti jointly is...
Blitzkrieg 11 is organized by Parvathaneni Brahmayya Siddhartha College of Arts & Science, Vijayawada on 3rd February 2011. In the era of Computerization,the software professionals require to upgrade their technical...