Do you think this electric engine will work?

Do you think this (electric engine) will work.

The engine consist of a gas which can be easily charged and discharged electricaly. When we negatively charge the gas through an electron gun, the mutual electric repulsion among molecules/atoms will increase, therby increasing the pressure of gas. The gas is allowed to expand against a piston. More details can be find in attached file.

Is it workable and if not wht is the reson?

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# It will be great if you can describe your problem in this discussion. New users may not have permissions to download that file. Just summarize the problem and a lot of people can start helping you. 😀
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    in what way does the negative charging of the gas increase the pressure on the piston ?
  • Amit Malik
    Amit Malik
    zaveri
    in what way does the negative charging of the gas increase the pressure on the piston ?
    Negative charging of gas will increase the mutual repulsion among gas molecoles/atoms ( and therby increse the electric potential energy of gas). So the gas will try to expand. This repulsion will increse the pressure of gas on the piston.
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    Well that is ok. now even if the pressure of the gas is increased, will it increase to that extent to push down the piston as well as the load attached to it.

maybe you got to build a working model and find that out
  • Amit Malik
    Amit Malik
    If you calculate simply from electrodynemics point of view (approximately) then for the charge of around 0.1 Coulomb, even small displacement of piston ( of the order of cm) changes the potential energy by 10^7 Joule. You can imagine the force it can exert( provided the engine remain intact)

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

What this young researcher from Vanderbilt University has achieved can make it possible to develop nanowires way thinner than human hair using electron beams. Junhao Lin, A Ph.D. student at...
Could you please suggest how can I get pdfs of the following books (ebook)? 1. Proficiency in Reading Comprehension Simplifying the Passage for you by Ajay Singh 2. Objective English...
I am looking to develop a site for some event for one of the college in my area. So was looking to get some help and ideas. My first query...
The South-Korean manufacturer has launched yet another Android smartphone this summer called the "Samsung Galaxy K Zoom" that wants to introduce a really powerful camera option in a phone. You...
When i click yahoomail website , its not opening and it opens a new download dialog box and it also fails when i diwnload it.Is anyone facing similar issue?