View Feed
group-icon
Coffee Room
Discuss anything here - everything that you wish to discuss with fellow engineers.
12760 Members
Join this group to post and comment.
Kaustubh Katdare
Kaustubh Katdare • Jul 10, 2008

Do you think AI (Artificial Intelligence) is possible?

A LOT has been said about Artificial Intelligence. Lot of research is going on. But it would be interesting to find out what our CEans think about possibility of artificial intelligence.

What do you have to say?
The_Big_K
A LOT has been said about Artificial Intelligence. Lot of research is going on. But it would be interesting to find out what our CEans think about possibility of artificial intelligence.

What do you have to say?
Don't know much about AI still I think it is possible... Following excerpt, I read somewhere and agree with that too..

The classical approach to artificial intelligence consists in analyzing human intelligent behavior, in developing formal models explaining this behavior, and in coding these models into computer systems. We believe that artificial intelligence is only credible and feasible when embodied artificial agents autonomously bootstrap their competence in interaction with physical environments.

-Crazy
it is possible,but emulating human brain is not possible as we have our limits set,classis example is asimo robot who can reply accordingly
gohm
gohm • Jul 15, 2008
very possible, question is, are we ready to handle to responsibility of creating AI?
Yamini L
Yamini L • Jul 17, 2008
Artificial intelligence is all about making the systems to THINK and ACT like Human Beings...It is possible...
vijayrock
vijayrock • Jul 19, 2008
There is no question of possibility.It is existing in the world.As humans we think independently and make decisions.AI deals with incorporating the idea of making the software think on its own.
Only human codes can embed AI functionality.
just2rock
just2rock • Jul 21, 2008
Future Technology will all depend on this AI.Be it Telecom,Retail ERP etc.VVLSI Embedded technology with integrated software interfacing will be the future Electronics -Software Universe,where we all will be digitally connected to synchronize our data both ends.
Hey,can we make robots learn and behave like humans...i dont think so,well AI is possible to some extent
Kaustubh Katdare
Kaustubh Katdare • Jul 21, 2008
sauravgoswami
Hey,can we make robots learn and behave like humans...i dont think so,well AI is possible to some extent
This 'some extent' is tricky part. Computer programs, operating systems might be an example of "AI to some extent."

Let's think about machines that think independently, have emotions, can evolve etc.

[But won't that make them human?] 😉
Hey it can spell doomsday or heaven for us!!machines shud be treated as machines
sonasathish
sonasathish • Jul 26, 2008
if AI works the human race may become extinct! I think!!
quite possible,m with you....wat u say guys
isha
isha • Aug 13, 2008
AI is good it will help us automate stuff...and also improve the quality of life..
and about this machines taking over the world thing..it may be possible but wouldnt that be in our hands...anyway i feel that we are more at danger from biowars than anything else...or probably global warming....
isha
isha • Aug 13, 2008
recent technnology has claimed to create robots that can make decisions (heuristics and knowledge database)
radeeyjd
radeeyjd • Aug 16, 2008
Nothing impossible.
But its harmful...........may eliminate the entire human race if anything done little bit wrong!!!!!!!!!

Share this content on your social channels -