Do you have questions about remote jobs and working from home?
We've recently launched an experimental application on CrazyEngineers called "Remote Jobs". The concept is simple - we'll list all the remote jobs available that are high paying and anyone with the right skills and experience can apply. Visit: Remote Jobs for Engineers | CrazyEngineers
The best part of Remote Jobs is that - you work remotely. All you need is an Internet connection. You decide how and where to work; and get paid international salaries; which are typically way more than domestic salaries.
If you have questions about remote jobs, or remote working in general, ask them below. Let's discuss.Posted in: #Coffee Room #Career Help
Some of the questions asked via email: -
Q. What are remote jobs? How are they different from regular jobs?
- Remote jobs are like any other jobs that you'd typically do from your employer's office. The collaboration with your colleagues happens over the Internet using modern tools like Slack, Zoom Conferencing and regular audio/video calls.
Instead of relocating to another city or country; or traveling daily to office - you get the liberty to setup your workstation at your home (if you work to prefer from Cafe, that's okay too!). In general, you are required to be online during your work hours so that you are reachable, if someone needs you.
Q. Why do you say Remote Jobs are the future of work?
- It's a trend that's picking up recently and lot of people are loving the freedom of choosing your own -
- working hours
- working environment
- workstation configuration and type
Q. Are remote jobs reliable?
- Yes, the jobs are reliable. I think the question is more skewed towards receiving salary at the end of the month. That's a valid concern; but I strongly advise you to do a research about the company before accepting the offer.
There are several reputed companies that are quite large and have several hundred employees located all over the world in different countries. Here's a sample list:-
- Automattic : Makers of WordPress
- Basecamp: Collaboration tools, makers of Ruby on Rails
- Buffer: Social Media Tools
- Clevertech: Developer consulting
- GitHub : Collaboration tools and GIT
- GitLab: Collaboration tools and GIT
- Mozilla: Makers for Firefox browser
We do some research for you - if you apply through CrazyEngineers Remote Jobs (link in first post). You can apply to the jobs listed on our app.
If you have specific questions, ask them below. I'll answer them as soon as I can.
I need to work with this remote jobs can u plz guide me how to work on this platform.
Karthik - it's very simple. All you need to have is a good looking resume. Look for the jobs available on Remote Jobs board - and then apply to the ones that are suitable to you.
If you are shortlisted, the employers will contact you.
I dont have much of questions here, I have done remote jobs before so I know the pros and cons of it.
By the way, I saw an opportunity for Data Science and I applied for it. Thanks for the posting.
I want to say something to you @Kaustubh Katdare, I have completed a lot of questions in your dashboard but now I am not able to see replies on those posts here in this dashboard why I don't know.
Hello Vijay. Not sure what you mean. Are you talking about questions and answers on CE Groups? You can view all of them on your own profile. Click on the number that appears below "Total Posts" or "Total Replies"