Do you have any knowledge in GP (Genetic Programming)?

What is the difference between a traditional programming and Genetic Programming ????๐Ÿ˜•

Replies

• iamcrazy
    iamcrazy
    Re: Do u have any knowledge in GP (Genetic Programming)?

thers a big deferrence
  • Itanium
    Itanium

This link provides you details on genetic programming.

genetic-programming.org-Home-Page
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14

@harshil,
    Good question

@Itaniun,
    Good link

Wondering why we CS students are not taught this kind of programming in thier engineering and people like me are not aware of it.๐Ÿ˜’ . Going to be a very useful in future .
  • nileshchakkar
    nileshchakkar
    @ #-Link-Snipped-#
    Hi.. really a very good question and i think its a very good topic for paper presentation also as in todays world genetic programming ( artificial intelligance) have a very good market value n consider as latest tredz it in IT industry.
  • Predictor
    Predictor
    harshil
    What is the difference between a traditional programming and Genetic Programming ????๐Ÿ˜•
    Genetic programming ("GP") means development of programs by an evolutionary process. Typically, programs are represented in GP as lists of commands and parameters or function trees. Random programs are generated, evaluated somehow, the worst are discarded and the best retained for crossover to create new solutions, and the whole thing is repeated many times.

There are a number of books on this subject. One author to look for is Koza.

-Will Dwinnell
    Data Mining in MATLAB

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hey all, This post is basically out of Interest. I have noticed lot of problems with Roads in India(specially at my place).In India road construction is very costly, roads are...
Hey all, Couple of years ago,when i was an engineering student I tried to develop an intelligent traffic control light system. Back then I observed a lot of pollution at...
๐Ÿ˜
hi i am shiva kumar well i have a small doubt regarding field theory.It is said that circuit theory fails at higher frequencies ,field theory comes into picture.At the same...