Do you care about the technology stack of a product/service?

Curious to know how many of our fellow engineers decide whether they want to use the product based upon the underlying technology that powers it? For example, if I were to present to you two products - one written with php and other with Ruby, would it make a difference to you if all you're getting access is its UI and functionality?

Replies

• simplycoder
    simplycoder
    When I think from business perspective, I technology wouldn't really be my concern if it meets my requirements. I would leave this kind of decisions to engineers.
    Lets take an example I wouldn't really be concerned if, a company develops new chat application which uses node based application or meteor. As a user, if the application does what is supposed to do the way it is supposed to do, I am ok with any technology.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Clad in premium metal designs, Lava has unveiled a pair of mid-range smartphones Z10 and Z25 with 4G VoLTE support at INR 11,500 and INR 18,000 respectively. Both the handsets...
NASA scientists have integrated the deep space atomic clock (DSAC) with the Orbital Test Bed (OTB) satellite to be launched into the orbit towards end of the year. This atomic...
German premium automaker Porsche has unveiled the second-generation of the four-door sedan Panamera Turbo series, comprising of the Panamera Turbo, Panamera Turbo Executive and the Panamera Turbo Sport Turismo in...
Google Maps has introduced one of the most useful features ever - real-time location sharing for individuals. This new feature will immediately solve one big problem - precisely navigate your...
Apple's latest Macbooks have one BIG problem: they've got just one port and that sucks. Thanks to some brilliant engineers who've decided to fix the problem with Line Dock. The...