Do You Always Need An Innovative Idea To Start A Business?

I think that's the question almost every wannabe entrepreneur asks. Do you really need an innovative idea to start your own venture? If yes, does that mean every new entrepreneur is a scientists or an innovator? Share your own thoughts on this topic and let's build a constructive discussion that will help all the budding entrepreneurs on CE. I'm quite sure a lot of you have asked this question; but never found a real answer.

Looking forward to interesting thoughts and ideas.

Replies

• PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    Well, you first need an idea and a motivation to start a business. It depends on you to make it innovative and interesting to the people around, and that's why you are starting one. Everywhere there's a competition now-a-days and nothing is new. Even if you find something new, for eg., the Ramesh - Suresh ad of 5 Star, already it has been for years. They say that you will forget yourself when you eat the choc. And that's how to make it innovative. It is upto us to make the new one to be interesting and attract the people, even though it is just another choc!!! 😀
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    That's about marketing. Lot of people believe that a business cannot be started unless there's an innovative, ground-braking idea. I wonder where does this thought come from. 99% of the successful businesses are actually based on well established concepts.

Looking forward to more thoughts from CEans.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Hmm, looks like we're short of thoughts here. Let me put my own opinion -

You do *not* need innovative ideas to start a business. All you need is to find out a way to solve the problem in a better way. Now finding that solution may not always require you to be innovative.
  • Pensu
    Pensu
    @bigK: Correct, you dont need to be innovative, you need to be different. If you are doing something that someone has been doing for years, you cant get different results. You need to make it look better, now you say it innovation or creativity, doesnt matter. The whole point is to do things differently.
  • vinci
    vinci
    just do different biggy and see world of charm is waiting for innovators.👍
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    vinci
    just do different biggy and see world of charm is waiting for innovators.👍
    Okay, this is a discussion and I'm not inviting suggestions. By the way innovation isn't necessarily rewarded.
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    I would say No.
    No, you don't need an innovative idea to start a business.

You rather need a creative mind to add spark to your idea / venture, which would give it an added advantage.
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    One thing: Attract the people and make it worth... 😀
  • Ambarish Ganesh
    Ambarish Ganesh
    It's always great to be the first in the race! but not necessarily the person who leads the race in the first lap wins the race! There'a a lot of things in-between, and if you could make up there, well, you too have a good chance at succeeding! *Quality* of race does matter!😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Spring Festival is coming soon! I’m going back to my hometown to spend the holiday with my family.
Hello, everyone! I'm new here. Nice joining you~~
Yeah I blocked some on the router (supplied by my IP). I set it to block all adult contents, but now I see hes been using tunnel proxies...hmmmm...Yes, I need...
IBM claims to have created the world’s smallest magnetic computer memory bit using only 12 atoms. ​ The US computer company said the experimental low-temperature memory is at least 100...
Notion ink's adam tablet received a mixed response from the reviewers. Those who decided to give the tablet a try will now be pleasantly surprised - Notion Ink's just teased...