Do we need rules for signatures?

Would love to have opinions on whether we should have stricter rules on the signatures. I see some of the signatures are so big that they penetrate your eyes. Should we enforce all the signatures to be at max 2 lines big and have only 1 picture max?

Replies

• Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    My Opinion :
    1) Signature shouldn't include quotes. Strictly pictures.
    2) Signature picture should be of 500x200 px. Not a single pixel more, so entire forum looks neat.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    For the records sake - Signatures are shown only to the logged in members, not to guests.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Kaustubh Katdare
    For the records sake - Signatures are shown only to the logged in members, not to guests.
    IKR ?
    I just feel that everyone should have signature of same dimension, nothing much. It looks clean.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    height of Panel Signature should be restricted. Otherwise it's depends on user what they want to keep in their signature.
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    Yeah, there should be rules.

Rules suggested by you are good.

PS: Mine signature was long, so I just reduced it. 😀

Now it's looking nice. 😛
  • Pensu
    Pensu
    Nah...say no to censorship! Agreed, that some signatures might be a pain in the eye! But it's the user's choice, isn't it? I mean, what do you want to control? People shouldn't write too much, of-course, but again, I should be the one to decide, how I want to portray myself. I don't feel like it would be a good thing to do. Restrictions sometimes, lead to revolutions!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    We don't want to control what people write; only the aesthetics part of it.
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    There is already a rule about the number of words we put on signature. I think that is enough. People can decide what they want to implement. However there should be this rule of a limited size on an image and a limited number of images per signature.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Agree with @#-Link-Snipped-# ! Maximum two line is enough I think.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

A start to the new generation of emission less vehicles. Siemens and the Vietnam Motors Industry Corporation (Vinamotor) are launching the first hybrid bus with a combined electric/diesel drive in...
We're still a few weeks away from the official Playstation 4 launch, but Sony's keeping our excitement levels high with periodic updates about its upcoming hardware. Not much was known...
A modern F1 car is the most technologically sophisticated race car on the planet, so naturally it’s got an equally complex steering wheel that jammed with enough switches and dials...
When I was surfing over the Internet I found this information to be shocking and I want to start a good debate over this topic,Yes its all about our efforts...
howdie CEAN's...can you recommend good projects for agriculture??This is our theme for our thesis..thank you very much