do robots move on wheels only??

hi, i and my friends want to design a robot, but every circuit we found had wheels, what we thought was to use a spring(the concept of variable tension) at the legs, with one end tied to a variable rotor which is controlled by a micro-controller and the other end tied to the foot. is this idea valid?

Replies

• silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    I dont get your concept. Can you be a bit more descriptive?

Anyhow, a robot can be moving or immobile. If it moves, then it should either have wheels or legs. You can also make a snake like robot which has neither, but still moves. It moves in a zig zag fashion using an array of servo motors.

Other than that, I haven't come across a moving robot that uses any other actuator.
    So, if you just describe in detail what you're planning, we can be of help.
  • invincible hunk
    invincible hunk
    i was looking for the robot which crawls. but couldn't find any circuits supporting it. can you help me with one such circuit or even a link will do?
    and can a robot be controlled through cellphone(bluetooth)?if so how?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hey!! i am in te.i want some topics for my mini project.how is digital blood pressure meter as a mini project??
Hi I am a recent telecommunication graduate in search of a better career.If tere is any experienced telecom members pls help me out.How can i impprove my knowledge in the...
Twitter has acquired Mixer Labs to move a step forward in its foray into GeoAPI GeoAPI will be integrated directly into the Twitter API, speeding up Twitter’s efforts in the...
There is famous saying 'charity begins at home' I want to prove..it for that I have decided to do something new... I want to design a website....through which i want...
The court has said Microsoft had violated patents owned by Canadian software company i4i Inc. The US Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit had ordered Microsoft to stop selling...